Can I use Streamlight 18650 batteries in a Thrunite TN12 ?

1Yorick

Newly Enlightened
Would there be any safety issues with this ? I just bought the Streamlight 18650 charger and I would also like to use the batteries with other torches . Thanks in advance .

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
As long as the light is designed to use 18650s, the brand of the cell will not matter. Just as long as its a quality cell which Streamlights (from what I have heard anyway) usually are there shouldnt be any problems. Honestly I would do it without thinking twice about it. I personally would use either Panasonic or Nitecore brands. From what I see, the TN12 is a 18650 light, also designed to use two CR123s. There will be no issue using the Streamlight 18650.

1Yorick

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for replying .

As long as the light is designed to use 18650s, the brand of the cell will not matter. Just as long as its a quality cell which Streamlights (from what I have heard anyway) usually are there shouldnt be any problems. Honestly I would do it without thinking twice about it. I personally would use either Panasonic or Nitecore brands. From what I see, the TN12 is a 18650 light, also designed to use two CR123s. There will be no issue using the Streamlight 18650.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for replying .

Just to add, some lights have a 'reverse polarity' protection step built into their driver board at the head of the light. If your light has this, it won't have a spring at the head. In this case, you'll need a cell with a button top, as opposed to a flat top--the way cells traditionally come from their respective factories.

If you have the 'second spring' on the light, you can use the flat tops.

Chris