Best 26650 for Olight/Thrunite

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, orbtronics batteries are all sold out. Looking to order some 26650 batteries for my olight r50pro seeker LE, thrunite catapult V6, and my thrunite TC20. I don't know when they will have more back in stock and I need some batteries soon. I'm looking for a few button tops for my olight and for Thrunites it doesn't matter, I'm just looking for a decent Mah too, but I can't break the bank maybe like $14 per battery. Looking to maybe order 3 for my olight and 4 for my Thrunites cause I already have 2 orbtronics for the Thrunites. Thanks, blglov

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had great luck with the Efest 4200mah/50a 26650's. Around $9-$11 each. I bought the Lumintop OFC30(not realizing it was a blatant copy of the R50pro). Most of my 26650 cells could only handle the amp draw for 15 seconds on turbo before stepping down. The 4200's work awesome and do not step down prematurely. I have been using them for a few weeks and so far am impressed. Each sell has a code to verify authenticity. Seller is Vapah Plus(no link provided per CPF rules-I have made multiple purchases without any issues). One possible problem: these are not button top-they are "flat top" but the positive terminal is still raised enough that it makes contact and works fine in my light-YMMV...

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
I have had great luck with the Efest 4200mah/50a 26650's. Around $9-$11 each. I bought the Lumintop OFC30(not realizing it was a blatant copy of the R50pro). Most of my 26650 cells could only handle the amp draw for 15 seconds on turbo before stepping down. The 4200's work awesome and do not step down prematurely. I have been using them for a few weeks and so far am impressed. Each sell has a code to verify authenticity. Seller is Vapah Plus(no link provided per CPF rules-I have made multiple purchases without any issues). One possible problem: these are not button top-they are "flat top" but the positive terminal is still raised enough that it makes contact and works fine in my light-YMMV...
i had bought orbitronics flat tops by accident not realizing they wouldn't work in the r50 pro seeker, so now I'm looking for some button tops, Efest is a decent brand then?

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
I was also thinking of getting some Olight 26650 for the r50pro seeker LE so I can charge it on the dock, how're those batteries? I've seen reviews on both sides but not really descriptive answers or anything just short reviews. Thanks -blglov

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually don't have the Olight 26650 for comparison. I use a tiny neodymium magnet glued in place in a rare instance I can't find the button top under a time crunch. There are several threads that debate this on both sides, but with the magnet held in place by a secure method(glue or solder) I have never had an issue and there have been times a light was dropped to the tarmac and still never a problem...

I have found "genuine" Efest to work very well. A couple of years ago I was given two Efest cells that were fake(under the Efest labels were Ult**fire cells), now I always verify their authenticity but since I usually deal with the same 3 vendors it has not been an issue.

Last edited:

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
I actually don't have the Olight 26650 for comparison. I use a tiny neodymium magnet glued in place in a rare instance I can't find the button top under a time crunch. There are several threads that debate this on both sides, but with the magnet held in place by a secure method(glue or solder) I have never had an issue and there have been times a light was dropped to the tarmac and still never a problem...

I have found "genuine" Efest to work very well. A couple of years ago I was given two Efest cells that were fake(under the Efest labels were Ult**fire cells), now I always verify their authenticity but since I usually deal with the same 3 vendors it has not been an issue.
I was looking at some of the Orbtronic 26650s too bad they're out of what I'm assuming is the newer ones that I have 2 of, black wrap with green writing, 5750mah with 22Amp continuous discharge. What I'm thinking is the older of the bunch is the , 5200mah with 15Amp continuous and a max 25Amp they're a black wrap with the silver label and red writing. Any body have experiences with Orbtronic 5200 mah 15Amp batteries? The ones I have work great, but they're the newer ones ones. I need to snag some of those Orbtronic 5200mah 22650s, cause they're button tops which I need for my r50. if you guys can vouch for those batteries, or know about them or have dealt with them before, comments are welcome. Thanks.