If You Have One Of These Vehicle Models You May Be Able To Relocate Your DRL's

therock

Newly Enlightened
I used the below android apk called AlfoODB to move my DRL's from my halogen high beams to my turn signals.

I added an OE reverse camera and replaced the drivers side door mirror with an OE auto dimming mirror on my 2013 Dodge Charger R/T.
The dealership couldn't activate them. Perplexed and more (because they still charged me) my research led me to AlfaODB.
See their site for detailed description. Down load the free demo to learn more.

The images below are screen shots to show you the vehicles covered and the setting screen.
The apk costs $49.00 and an ODB interface module is required. The most recommended of forum users is the Scantool ODBLink MX Bluetooth.

Not only did I move the DRLs', I also disabled the fog lights drop out on high beam, enabled Sport Mode, and SRT Performance pages.
I can even change a given lamp's voltage target such as a highbeam from 12v to 14.6. And designate if an LED is installed and it will configure to match for no need of a resistor.

And more.
I really like my DRL's now.

Lee Dodge

Newly Enlightened
Interesting, I will have to check that out. But why would you want your fog lights on with your high beams? I'm surprised it would let you do that because I think that's illegal.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used the below android apk called AlfoODB to move my DRL's from my halogen high beams to my turn signals.
That's pretty nifty!

I added an OE reverse camera and replaced the drivers side door mirror with an OE auto dimming mirror on my 2013 Dodge Charger R/T.
The dealership couldn't activate them.
Strange they couldn't with their dealer-level tools.

I also disabled the fog lights drop out on high beam
You should reënable that. When on high beams you don't need the extra foreground light of fog lamps-- that light will just reduce your ability to see at high beam ranges. It's not just useless, it's detrimental.

I can even change a given lamp's voltage target such as a highbeam from 12v to 14.6.
A 12V high beam would be ridiculously ineffective. You'll be changing bulbs quite a bit at 14.6V but they'd sure put out a lot of light. (Bulb life is rated at 14V, and bulb life changes to the power of -13 with changes in voltage.)

And designate if an LED is installed and it will configure to match for no need of a resistor.
Be sure when installing LEDs in exterior regulated functions that you aren't making things worse. See this Sticky.

But why would you want your fog lights on with your high beams? I'm surprised it would let you do that because I think that's illegal.
It might be illegal in certain states, but fog lamps aren't regulated at a Federal level. It probably *should* be illegal because it reduces your ability to see distant objects due to the additional foreground light.

Last edited:

Lee Dodge

Newly Enlightened
When I went to their website I don't see any Dodge or Chrysler vehicles listed as supported vehicles. Am I looking in the wrong place? I'm wondering if an 05 Chrysler Town and Country is supported.

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
There is a program for Ford vehicles that allows the owners to change all sorts of functions. Examples include the fog light dropout....which seems pointless in most situations, except perhaps driving around a private ranch at night and wanting the most light available for slow driving (but having added distance illumination). However, there are very useful things like disabling the Powerpoint 12V timeout or setting it to whatever you want, adding engine/trans temps above the gauge, disabling the double honk, enabling autofold mirrors, enabling global window open/close , changing heated steering wheel to full hot, enabling radio to be turned on with vehicle completely off, and more.