CHEAP Holsters - Homemade

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
holstr2.jpg

Need a holster for your FireFly or your CNC 123? Look through you collection of leftover nylon MiniMag holsters and pick out the widest.....they're not all the same width. There are two ways to make custome holster.

First
Insert the flashlight into the MiniMag holster and fold the holster excess back.
Now remove the light and Super Glue the excess holster to the back of the holster. The CNC 123 holster (above) was made this way.

Second
In sert the flashlight into the MiniMag holster and clamp off the excess with locking forceps. Cut off the excess holster and then Super Glue the the cut ends of the hoster together. The FireFly holster (above) was made this way.

Remember...take the flashlight OUT of the holster before applyinfg the Super Glue or you will glue the light into the holster! The nylon material wicks up the Super Glue big time!

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif idea, Roy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I know I've got a couple of those MM holsters somewhere around here.

Britt

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Roy,

That's a great idea.

Another thing you can do is after you cut to fit, you can melt the cut end together.

Tom

Hobydog

Newly Enlightened
Roy (and others....)

I have found that a chunk of old automotive seat belt is just about the right width to make a holster for most smaller lights - and even us ham-handed types can take a needle and a piece of carpet-thread (extra strong, don'cha know) and loop-stitch the edges together to make a serviceable sheath.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's an even better idea than superglue, HEAT! That's right melt the seam on the bottom! perhaps clamp it down, take a cheap screw driver or peice of wire, heat it red hot, and press firmly down on a flat surface like your'e cutting off the excess. It should sear it closed at the same time. Or maybe an old soldering iron would work too?

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure do wish Countycom would get some more of those $5 Inova X5 holsters. They fit the E2e well.

Jerry