Contiuously variable 5 W 3 D????

14C

Enlightened
I'd like to put a BuckPuck on a circuit with a 5K pot. The pot would have a toothed gear attached to the shaft which would engage a collet on the outside of the light sealed by a O rings. The circuit board would become part of a sandwhich which would, ideally, allow the head (as like in a MAG) to be turned "focusing" the beam. This would be a flashlight that would have a continously variable output and a beam that could be varied from tight to soft.

Is there someone who could machine the parts?

Could ElektroLumens do a board?

Am I insane?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
It's called the VARI-NEEDLE... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

vn6.jpg

vn1.jpg

Due to the infinitely adjustable pot and the resulting variability of the output, stable beam brightness was not a priority and I simply went Direct Drive.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Oops...Yeah Bill, you're right. I guess I'm into smaller lights now. I just figured I'd offer this bit of info so's he don't have to reinvent the wheel...modders wanting to duplicate this would only need a pot from R/S that goes into the switch cavity after cutting down the top of the switch, the rest is standard Maglite mod fodder.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just teasing ya, Charlie.

Still one of the mods I want to do, but I'm a little afraid to mess with my SNII without having seen how you did yours. So, don't want to send me yours to look at, do you?:)

Bill