In defense of a "Newbie"

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
In defense of a \"Newbie\"

This post is primarily for GarminGPSmap, who has the following to say about newbies who happened to post in the "Arc AAA lookalike with 3 LEDs" thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Holly crap. I've never seen so many "Newbies" post in one thread with so much knowledge like they are already part of the conversation.

One guy or entity, eating up all this bandwidth. Give it up, the "Newbies" are the same guy.

And notice how some of the "Newbies" are posting ALOT, probably to gain the flashaholic status quicker and establish a greater post number.

We need to support people like Gransee, not these idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of these "Newbies" is SomeBloke, a good friend of mine who I introduced to CPF quite sometime ago, almost 2 years I think. He only created an account recently though, hence being a Newbie.

My intention here is just to state that SomeBloke is *not* the same person as any of the other newbies in that thread

I can personally vouch for SomeBloke, since he is a good friend of mine who works for the same company I do.
I haven't posted for a long time, for reasons a lot of the long-term members will be aware of. But when my friend told me about this guy making these ridiculous accusations, I felt the need to stand up for him.

Edited for content: GarminGPSmap has apologised, and all is right with the world. Well, this bit of it, anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Re: In defense of a \"Newbie\"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif ... why do we have to do this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Graham,

Damn its nice to see you post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't be a stranger you useless hunk of downunder! Darell has run rampant in your absense!

I recall you and man-woman making me feel comfortable as a newbie and it's nice of you to set the record straight for SomeBloke. Welcome SomeBloke! On the word of a holograham, I know you're the real deal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hiya Don..

Ah, what can I say? But I thought you had Darell tied up and sedated.. don't tell me you let him out??

Graham

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Out? He's on the road on dial-up somewhere?!?!?!?! BTW, I know you are busy, married and all that but the forum could use your level headed wisdom and insight from time to time! Heck, Darell is the *least* of our concerns lately! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're too kind, Don.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
See what happens, I guess.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened

It only takes 10 posts to reach flashaholic status. It is not that much.

To the guy that was quoted: - Just because their status says "Newbie" does not mean they know nothing. I was brought into CPF by my father and I probably knew more than other Newbies starting out. Just because someone posts and it sounds like they know what they are talking about, everyone has their doubts. I do not expect for everyone reading my posts to feel the same way I do or have the same opinions. They could completely ignore my posts for all I care.

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened

HEY!

I apologize to legitimate "newbies". I really do. Its impossible to seperate out the ones created by that one person. So I made a mistake of labeling all "newbies" as in cahoots with the hoopla.

In light of this testimony (from Graham whom I know to be credible and honorable), I particularly apologize to SmokeBloke. I will personally contact SmokeBloke if needed to verbally apologize.

I got carried away because reading the post from Gransee made me sad and angry at the same time. I am now thinking clearly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*

I have posted many times and still consider myself A newbie. I lurked a long time before I ever posted.
Think I had 2 (at least 2) SF lights before I joined.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

It can be really hard to sort things out at sometime. Emotions are a little high right now. Sometimes it is easy to point to a whole group and lump them into one group. I have been guilty of that a few times.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Graham said:
You're too kind, Don.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
See what happens, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi'ya, Graham;
I clearly remember your very last post..with which I'm still nodding in agreement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Glad to see you back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

GarminGPSmap,

Thanks, appreciate that. Probably no need to contact SomeBloke directly, I'll point out your post to him (whereever he got to? He was here a minute ago..). He's a very nice guy, usually takes a lot to annoy him - I know, I try pretty hard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Doug! A big Hiya to you too..

Graham

Brock

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am newbie #7 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've got TK2003-041 sitting right here. On the right speaker there is a photo in a little plastic baggie. (Sometimes I don't put things up.) Anyway, in this photo of five gurus there is an inset of a dashing and intelligent man.

I miss listening to this gentleman and these fellows dialog with each other and helping all the members. Surely, things are going well for him.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
I've got TK2003-041 sitting right here. On the right speaker there is a photo in a little plastic baggie. (Sometimes I don't put things up.) Anyway, in this photo of five gurus there is an inset of a dashing and intelligent man.

I miss listening to this gentleman and these fellows dialog with each other and helping all the members. Surely, things are going well for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Icebreak! For a minute I was wondering who you were talking about there? The dashing and intelligent part definitely thows people off. Anyone who's seen my somewhat rotund figure (the wife has other colourful and descriptive phrases for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif) of late will know that the only dashes I've done lately are the ones on a keyboard..

Yeah, things are going ok. I'm getting ready to depart this beautiful concrete jungle known as Tokyo, and get back to Australia on a more permanent basis. Just a little more, and I'll be back in Sunny Brisbane..

Graham

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Glad to hear it. I've seen Brisbane on television. Nice beaches.