are these leds okay?

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
i want to buy some 20 deg whites from the led light.com are they radio shack grade trash or worth buying?
cool.gif
respond fast please

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
i want to buy some 20 deg whites from the led light.com are they radio shack grade trash or worth buying?
cool.gif
respond fast please
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The LEDlight has the good ones-but you'll have to order a minimum of six at a time.

p.s.-I've also noticed they are offering the hi-power "warm white" 5mm ones (haven't seen those offered anywhere else)
cool.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
what are warm white leds also is a 10mm 7000mcd led worthwhile<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's the one from Hosfelt, that one sucks like a Kirby plugged into a 480VAC socket.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Sorry, I'm not at all familiar with The LED Light's "warm white" LED. I'll have to ask them for a couple to smoke - er - test.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if those "warm white" LEDs are just the same old Nichia part we all know and love, but just a "Y" color rank instead of "B" (or otherwise less-blue than normal). I have some LEDs here I`d classify as "warm white" especially next to most other whites. Not incandescent-white, but better than the unpleasent purply colour that is all too common.

And yes I`d agreee- stay away from those 10mm whites, they`re an interesting curiosity only. They make very bad flashlights.

rolleyes.gif

MrAl

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
If it's the one from Hosfelt, that one sucks like a Kirby plugged into a 480VAC socket.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the posts Stingmon and Chris,
i was tempted to try one of those too :)
Kind of high priced too! I think ill stay
away from them too.

--Al

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:

And yes I`d agreee- stay away from those 10mm whites, they`re an interesting curiosity only. They make very bad flashlights.
rolleyes.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ditto to that,-don't waste your $6. on that mickey mouse 10mm Hosfelt LED like I did.
blush.gif
blush.gif