Death For Sale

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel sorry for this guy. What's funny is that I'm sure there is a pawn or gun shop just around the corner selling guns, but if it makes you feel better then read this article. CBS is so out of touch.

'CBS Evening News' Hits Ratings Low
"CBS Evening News" marked a low point in a storied history last week _ its smallest average audience in at least 10 years, perhaps ever. The evening newscast with Dan Rather, for several years third in the ratings behind NBC and ABC, has lately been losing even more ground to its rivals.
It was watched last week by an average of 6.5 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research. NBC's "Nightly News" had 8.9 million viewers and ABC's "World News Tonight" had 8.2 million.

read the rest

Topper

Flashaholic*
I have less than 32 swords perhaps they will overlook me
when the "Gathering" begins. My 300+ knives dont count right????
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
I hate it when people use the term "weapons". Here's the definition:

something used to injure, defeat, or destroy.

It is the intentions of the buyer that determines if it is a weapon or not. Personally if I bought one of those it would be a show piece. Samething goes with guns, if you use them in a crime, its a weapon, same for self defense. In a regulated competition they are simply firearms.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thing is, it sounds like it's a zoning issue. If he can pass it off as artwork or something then I think he's off the hook, but they are similar to something being manufactured which you're not generally allowed to do in residential zoned property. So of course, the lawyers will try to get him in trouble based on zoning, and the news will report it as if he's giving away daggers to school children on their way home.

There is a real market for art knives and the like. Turning this into a weapon control issue is just CBS trying to make news where there isn't any.

14C

Enlightened
You all just wait till they get around to the tough-minded journalism on claw hammers, golf-clubs, baseball bats, and....<shudder> CAST IRON SKILLETS!

These people are feeble.

And so are the "high-minded" citizens" they pander too.

14C

Enlightened
Personally I find mixing my Vodka with Milk-Of-Magnesia an interesting combination.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
There's really nothing worth mentioning about that article. It almost reads like an April Fool's joke or an article by The Onion.

Never argue with a fool. People might not be able to tell the difference.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
But Licata told a perspective client on our undercover video, he was doing both, "These two are each listed for $1,200 on my website but since you're here $800."
-------------------------
"That's very disturbing. Who's he selling them to. I mean I have teenage kids here in the high school, and stuff so they should really do something about that," says one neighbor.

[/ QUOTE ]
I suppose there are lots of teens who have an extra $800
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

matt_j

Enlightened
Why even bother with this guy's piece of art "weapon" for $800 when you can go on EBay and buy rip off japanese sword for $20 including shipping? I just hate those spineless reporters who are affraid to go after real cases and instead pick up on a regular Joe. It's so low. Investigative journalism? Please... Story didn't sound hardcore enough so the spice of guy's kid playing dangerously near sharp steel had to be added. Let's make stuff up as we go along. Totally crotchless.

Matt

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the same BS gun owners face. I'm not surprised considering it's from the cesspool that is the east coast.