Zzzzlite SnoozeTube TranquiLite SleepinBeacon Light-Bot Glow-Bot Phantom-Lantern

KenBar

Enlightened
This has been hard to keep quiet about.... Help out with a name for it.
Just in time for Christmas..
smile.gif

I am sending in my money tonight if he will have it! Yes I am an addict..LOL
About the time I think I am through buying flashlights, I come across this. NOTHING will take the place of the ArcLE that I have around my neck however.
============================================

Posted 12/4/01 "Product name???"
Imagine a cylindrical light about 7 inches tall and 2.5" in diameter. When shaken rapidly, it turns on and products a soft white light suitable for use as a lantern. Shake it again, it turns off.

However, shake it just once and it lights up and then begins to product beautiful shades and hues of all colors. The colors morph from one into another in a hypnotic yet soothing way. As time progresses, the light becomes less and less intense but still producing deep colors and almost mimicking a candle.

Finally, 15 minutes later, the last bit of colorful light has been and displayed and the unit shuts itself off until shaken again. Use it to help put yourself to sleep or just relax.

Use it to help put your children to sleep, it's calming and relaxing effects are incredible. Use it as a quick, always handy lamp at the side of your bed or for a lantern in your tent. It takes 3 AA batteries, is very light weight and provides many continuous hours of light utilitizing LED and our microprocessor technologies.

Everyone loves it, it will retail for between $20 and $25 dollars but... we can not decide what to call it!!! Help us out. Below are a few names we like. Please rate them 1 to 5 for us. We hope to release this product before Christmas 2001. Thanks for your help!
Zzzzlite

Click here to place your vote!

The more I think about it, I like Sleepin Beacon or ZzzzzzLite

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
They did mean Christmas 2001, right? -not 2002?
Less than 3 weeks to this one, already
shocked.gif

p.s.-product sounds great,-I think I might have to buy just one more light
blush.gif
blush.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like a battery powered lava lamp.

Either that or they found this thing at area 51 and are trying to back engineer it, whatever it might be. Since they don't really know what it is, they're marketing it as a Christmas toy.

Just Kidding.
grin.gif

They might be using 3 LEDs in the primary colors. You could get all colors of the rainbow by varying the voltage across of each of them.

If it didn't say LED, I would swear it looks a lot like a Krill with multicolor capability.

KenBar

Enlightened
I really want this one. I hope I am not just turning into a gadgetledaholic. This one really looks like a good little light....not too many extra features that will go unused. I am curious to see how the "shake" mechanism works.

I have pleaded, begged for one asap. He has promised me #00001.

I had really sworn off any more flashlights. Fortunately my wife has given up trying to reform me. All she says now is " what does this one do that the others don't do"?

She doesn't understand.
wink.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenBar:
I really want this one. I hope I am not just turning into a gadgetledaholic.
I have pleaded, begged for one asap. He has promised me #00001.
I had really sworn off any more flashlights.
She doesn't understand.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Bar
tongue.gif

Sounds like you really need to get yourself into a good 12-step recovery program
wink.gif

-By the way,-when is that new light going on sale?
blush.gif
:
smile.gif
grin.gif

KenBar

Enlightened
vcal...When is the light going on sale?

ANY MOMENT NOW. I think there was one delay in ANOTHER part that was not up to specs. The replacment parts should arrive today..12-14-01. Based on the Versalux, and how quickly it came to market, I would think that it should be early next week....TOTAL GUESS on my part but probably close.
Check here...

Check here for new news....

Or Here...

Also, you can bet you will here me let out a yelp when I get one!..or even get shipped one!

PS...ok Witsend.....
"Hi, I am Ken, I am a....." mabye tomorrow.
blush.gif

One001

Newly Enlightened
Would this be like an Eternalight Raven with a "Wand" type diffuser? Using 3 AA's sounds like it could be running the same set of 4 Raven multicolor lights at maybe a reduced output for longevity, with all four on to give a soft white color. The color changing sounds similar to the Sauce LightWand programming. Motion activated switch, with a timer function similar to what the Eternalight already has. Looks good. I want one as my kid likes to play with my Photons or Sauce LightWand to go to sleep. This would be another neat toy.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

sign me up. How about a movie of its modes? I'm very curious!!!
smile.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
This sounds like a great idea! I would love to be able to purchase one and have it by Christmas. I have a 10 year old daughter who has been fighting with insomnia. Not only do I think it would help her sleep, it would show her that I care and have been thinking about her problem. Please email me at [email protected]. I know it's late in the game for shipping by the holidays but I'll pay what I have to for S&H if you have one available.

KenBar

Enlightened
I copied your post and sent it to the owner along with your email address. I will keep an eye out also and post here as soon as it is avail. I am trying to get one also by Christmas. I am sure my daughter will talk me out of it as soon as I get it!

LiteFreek

Newly Enlightened
Well I tried not to, but I'm sucked in too
tongue.gif
I want one, I want one! Anyone vote on a name?

-The local LiteFreek

KenBar

Enlightened
THEY ARE READY TO GO !!!
Cost is 25 bucks plus shipping.
Mine should arrive in a couple days.

It is not on the webb site yet but an email might get you one if you are really chomping at the bit!

I got permission to say that mine was on the way so there should be no problem. Here is email I got this AM.

Ken,
Thanks, will do. BTW, I'm ready to ship your unit #001! Please email me your CC info if you want it. We'll have to charge $25.00 for these until we get the process down better and can get some of the assembly cost out of them. We don't have our web page updated yet to show that they're available but consider them up for sale. Send me your info, I will UPS 2-day it to you! Thanks!

Tom.

web page

LiteFreek

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm I don't suppose Tom's email is a public one that I can use to get my very own ZzzzLite sent my way is it?
grin.gif
All I see on the Techass web page is an email for comments.

-The local LiteFreek

KenBar

Enlightened
Send me your email...and I will be glad to forward it.
I have done if for a few people already and he does not seem to mind.
I will ask about his email as I am not sure if it is public or not.
I imagine the webb page will be updated soon.

Ken

--------------------------------------
LiteFreek

I just got an email back from Tom.
He said for you to email me and I could send you his email and you could then contact him. He did not want me to post it however.

LiteFreek

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Ken, but it seems Tom beat me to it. That email addy on Techass' web page apparently gets read. (More than I can say for a lot of other companies) And Tom himself has responded to me. Thanks though
smile.gif

-The local LiteFreek