Hands-free LED !!!

arab

Enlightened
This looks like a very simple idea that could be adapted to work with Photons:

prdeyelighterCloseUp.gif

These are called eyelighter illuminators are distributed/made (not sure) by Radtech. More details on this link:. Anyone out there in CPF land know anything about these?

Lenny7

Newly Enlightened
WIth my big nose it would cast too big of a shadow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Interesting concept, though I think I'd prefer a headlamp to something like this.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a similar thing when I got my first Photon .-) Just bending a usual 1.5 mm2 copper wire with insulation (as used in house insatllation). Can be bent easily to fit.

But I preferred my rubber band solution to turn it into a headlamp. (mentioned already too often).

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received one of the Radtech eye-lighters from a friend and it works great. I took it off the ear-thing and have it on my keychain. It is very bright, and I like the constant-on switch. We just had a power outage and I loaned it to several people that had to use the bathroom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[Radtech's support is AWESOME and they stand behind their products. I can't say much for the design of the unit as I unscrewed it, took out the batteries, and found it D*MN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to put back together without the unit staying on constantly. The LED leads and the batteries and the tiny switch are in there JUST RIGHT. After maybe an hour of fiddling, one of the leads on the LED broke off. I was very disappointed that it was labelled "user replaceable" batteries, and it was so fragile. I contacted their support e-mail on their site. They shipped me another unit immediately free of charge. If you have one of these, exercise extreme caution when changing the batts, but it's a GREAT light for the money and incredibly bright.]

arab

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sween1911 said:
I received one of the Radtech eye-lighters from a friend and it works great. I took it off the ear-thing and have it on my keychain. It is very bright, and I like the constant-on switch. We just had a power outage and I loaned it to several people that had to use the bathroom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[Radtech's support is AWESOME and they stand behind their products. I can't say much for the design of the unit as I unscrewed it, took out the batteries, and found it D*MN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to put back together without the unit staying on constantly. The LED leads and the batteries and the tiny switch are in there JUST RIGHT. After maybe an hour of fiddling, one of the leads on the LED broke off. I was very disappointed that it was labelled "user replaceable" batteries, and it was so fragile. I contacted their support e-mail on their site. They shipped me another unit immediately free of charge. If you have one of these, exercise extreme caution when changing the batts, but it's a GREAT light for the money and incredibly bright.]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like the holder is made in the USA and the torch itself in Hong Kong. I'd say if you just wanted the light itself, you would be better off buying a Photon III or Freedom

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The Sharper Image "Ear Lite" fits over an ear, and should perform much the same function as the Radtech unit.
I have a web page about it right here if anybody is interested.

The batteries aren't as much of a pain in the toliet muscle to change as the ones in the Radtech, as I've read here.