Streamlight 3 Watt Luxeon Tasklight

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I have a Streamlight Jr. Luxeon 1 watt and it keeps me happy. Almost too bright for use indoors. Nice broad flood, pretty good throw outside too, useful up to 200 ft. or so. I power it with 2 rechargeable NiMH AA cells.

I won't buy the 3 watt unit simply because it uses expensive (usually), non-rechargeable CR123A lithium cells.

Azreal911

Enlightened
there's better three watts out there running on aa's only like the gerber, if the 3 watt was in the same form factor as the tasklight with aa's it would have been much more appealing to me. Oh yeah 1 watt is more than enough inside and outside i found and great when fixing my car in the dark. so a 3 watt would be even better!

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a HUNDRED bucks, they can STUFF it! ;-( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent $105 on a 5 watt Streamlight which was not worth it. Why $100 for a 3 watt? For $115 I got a Tristar Phazer (3 LED) for $150 I got a Pentalux (5 3 watt light at 300 LUMENS!) One 3 watt is a $50 light at max. To Much $$$ in my mind

My Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks very impressive, except for the price.

I prefer the 3-watt over the 5 watt and 1 watt (better brightness than 1 watt, MUCH BETTER LED life than 5 watt). Two digital settings (maybe regulated?), and excellent runtimes in both modes. If they lower the price a bit, I'll buy it.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with 357. Lower the price.

My Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing to consider, in the past the lights from Streamlight are often sold for a lot less than manufacture MSRP. Maybe some of the stores will be able to sell for less than the MSRP. If so, I'm in.

There are very few 3-watt luxeon flashlights with dual settings, and excellent runtimes at both low and high. The high runtime actually looks too good to be true.....3 hours of 80 lumens? Is that possible?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reading the quote below it does state that it is regulated... This may take some serious consideration...

"Made of anodized machined aircraft aluminum the 2-Cell Lithium Luxeon Task-Light weighs 5.75 ounces (with batteries) and measures 6.15 inches. It uses a push button switch for operation, and features a DC-DC converter, which adjusts to voltage changes on the supply side to ensure a constant light output for the entire battery life".