Lionheart or not

rhinobalsa

Newly Enlightened
I like the power of the Lionheart but I really don't use lights enough to need rechargables. I like the ability to always have another spare cheap 123 like with my VIP but I would like a little more power. 2x123 would not be out of the question but size is a consideration. Are there any other lights I should be looking at?
Gary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
VIP = Cheap? must be nice to have that kinda cash. If you're looking for an inexpensive 2X123 Zapper makes some modded Police 2x123's with LuxIII's, REAL inexpensive, i think less than $50 including mods if i remember correctly. If you dont mind using 3X123 then build yourself a space needle. They arent real small but my god they're bright.

BTW, i plan on getting a Lionheart regardless of the price, It's definately TOP KNOTCH quality. Dont think id pay that much and then EDC one but still an awesome light to have, especially at the price, remember the roughly $230 price tag gets you the entire Pila charging sustem and cells with it.

For an EDC id want something i wouldnt be too pissed if i broke it or lost. Thats why im not gonna EDC any of my LS's or my Arc4+ anymore.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
then email Zapper about the police mod i tld you about, then just order yourself a case of battery station CR123's for $1 each

rhinobalsa

Newly Enlightened
Quality dimmable light with 123 batterys is what I,m looking for, not the police special. My VIP is very nice but the Lionheart has raised the bar. I just know as soon as I buy it Mr. Bulk or someone else will come out with what I am looking for.
Gary

Catman10

Enlightened
I would suggest going with the Lion-heart. If you decide you want something else, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone to buy it from you. You'll save some cash on the batteries inthe long run, as well.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great deal for a quality Flashlight inc charger and batteries.
I would consider buying one, I have to say no because I have already way overspent.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
rhinobalsa said:
Sorry, I meant cheap batterys. The Pilas are $18 and if you are away from your charger that can be a problem.
Gary

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the LionHeart driver has a low voltage cut-off for Li-ion cells, you can also used unprotected Li-ion batteries instead of the Pilas in it. The unprotected cells are half or less than half the price of the Pilas, but you MUST have a proper Li-ion charger to charge it up or it can be dangerous.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Good point Neg. Although at only ~600 lux on High, it will still do All the multilevel dimming stuff and it would "only" be $164 (or $175 HA3) without the charger. Later if you decide to power some of your other lights with Li-on rechargeables then the Pila setup would come in handy anyway and the $55 cost is then amortized over all of the units, not to mention Finally driving the LH at its intended full-blown power/runtime.

I don't plan to come out with anything better than this for quite some time. Mainly because I don't think I can, I think I've - I've - blown my wad... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

After the initial building/shipping rush I will just leisurely assemble and distribute more of these in small batches until the parts are all gone - I need a vacation!

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yah, forgot about the LH on the 123's, You can get the unprotected cells for $10 a piece at Frys, or ecen cheaper from online retailers like www.slavin4u.com

Mr. Bulk, Anytime /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Whenever i can recomend your stuff to people i do. One of these days i'll be able to afford a LH.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
I think I've - I've - blown my wad... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL .... Please wash up before starting assembly of the lionheart.

LLLean

Enlightened
You can always buy multiple rechargeable batteries, so you'll have spare ones on those long trips.

If you think that your ideal light will be coming out next, then wait and wait and wait. No point buying any flashlight then. Cos, just like other electronic devices, they will keep getting better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
And Mr. Bulk will be bringing them to us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif as always.

Likebright

Enlightened
Yes, get the Lionheart. You will grow to like the recharable system.
Especially with a varable output light.
Mike

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
. . . I need a vacation!

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does a guy who lives in beautiful Hawaii go for a vacation? Arkansas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul