Here it is disassembled:

MiniProDisassy.jpg

Left to right:

Bezel

Lens

O-ring

Fraen Low Profile Optic

Head

MiniPro Pill (small retaining o-ring not shown)

Battery Tube

BatteryStation CR123

Tailguard (RAM switch already screwed inside)

Gives a real run for the LGI's (and "other" similar items') money in the brightness department, too:

MiniProLux.jpg

Yup, nearly 900 lux, so now to figure out a way to fit an IMS 20.5mm reflector in there: 1000-plus lux, here we come!

If you're going to use this setup, cutting down the rim of the CNC123 tailguard would make for an even shorter light (~1/4" to 1/2") since the RAM button is set so far in.

This Pill simply rocks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

cy

Flashaholic
coool...

I love my CNC123 as a test mule. able to fit also sorts of combo's.

what's a RAM switch?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
what's a RAM switch?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a clickie low profile tailswitch.
-You can see part of the red button in the top of Charlie's barrel photo. Upper pix.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Charlie, with the above setup, the front bezel won't screw in flush & there's a slight gap right? I believe a S107XA reflector will fit more or less.

Where can I get a RAM switch? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:
Hi Charlie, with the above setup, the front bezel won't screw in flush & there's a slight gap right? I believe a S107XA reflector will fit more or less.

Where can I get a RAM switch? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there is a gap. I trimmed off the casting flash lug of the Fraen, but not ALL the way off. If not trimmed it is way off-center, but if trimmed ALL the way off it allows the Fraen to move inward too much when the bezel is tightened, turning the Pill off since it pushes the Pill's ground contact edge down away from touching the top lip of the battery tube.

Also if you'll notice there is an o-ring around the top of the Fraen - if you wish to use an IMS 17mm reflector (MUCH better beam than the Fraen, BTW) you must use an o-ring of the appropriate size to go between the top of the head's lip and the lens, preventing it from pushing directly on the 17mm reflector as this will also turn the light off. It adds a necessary gap. Then I also use an o-ring betwen the threads of the bezel and the head to give a finished look to the outside gap.

As for the RAM switch, if you do a web search there are several places to get them, such as HERE:

RAM10001.jpg

And come to think of it, I do have one of GadgetLover's 2-stage switches, will try that on it a little later. Doubt if I'll take the time to do beamshots though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
The RAM switches are available at Fry's - in atlanta at least.
I bought one and then returned it... it was total junk.
made in china. wouldn't screw in all the way. and the clicky
did not inspire confidence and would not always latch.

Krit

Enlightened
Ram switch is accidentally on when stay in my bag. Kroll switch is better choice.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with 4sevens, the RAM switch isn't the greatest, but it does work and it is much shorter than the Kroll.

If anyone wants one, I have three that I'd sell for $5 a piece, postpaid. These fit the AA Minimag and the Streamlight, as well as the CNC-123 also. <font color="purple">SOLD to cy</font>

cy

Flashaholic
I'll take all three switches, please PM with PP info

reefphilic

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:

As for the RAM switch, if you do a web search there are several places to get them, such as HERE:

RAM10001.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch........I paid about us$20 for it from a local shop. And that is after about 30-40% discount! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Mine work nicely and screw in all the way. But I thought the button is a bit soft for my liking. Nice size though.