Streamlight Clipmate (sans the clip!) as an EDC light?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
After posting my mini review of the Streamlight Clipmate, ( http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002743#00 0000 )I kept the clip off, and slipped the light into my pocket.

I said earlier, that the light is about the size of my middle finger, or about the length of an average butane lighter (I don't smoke, I keep lighters around for candles and starting charcoal), and proceded to do all my Sunday errands, go to the store, get gas, eat, go to more stores, eat again, and whatever else I had to do, and I forgot that I was carrying the Clipmate.

I really think that you could carry this everyday, and not be bogged down, or give the appearance that you are "trying to impress the girls"
shocked.gif
cool.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

It is the approximate size as a lighter, and untold millions of guys carry a lighter in their pocket everyday, I think this would work very well!

I did not notice the light in my pocket at all, and I usually hate it when I have too many things in my pocket! It really did impress me as it was very unobtrusive.

(so does this count as a "mod", if all I did was snap the clip off?
grin.gif
)

What do yall think?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It just snaps off, with a motion of the hand and wrist, similar to opening a beer can with a bottle opener.

It pops back in too, and seems to be as tight as originally purchased.