Anyone know a us site to order a laser checker?

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to get a coherent laser checker and I wanted to know what sites had them.

LaserMod

Enlightened
I assume you mean for the green 532nm lasers.

I bought mine from ebay theres a couple there now- it's analogue but apparently accurate to within 5%
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif - about $70

TTaz

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Shiftlock said:
I highly recommend the Coherent LaserCheck. It's such a convenient little device that I almost never use my bigger power meters. It's perfect for handheld lasers. The best price I could find was $310 from Roth Laser Industries at www.rli.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've decided to get one.... I've ordered pointers for me and friends, and I don't want to be ripped off (I mean order a 35mW laser and get a 15 because you are not supposed to verify)
even it is pretty expensive for me, I don't want my friends to think I swindled them.

TTaz

Newly Enlightened
Just found this one, of Edmund Optics at $310, too : http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/DisplayProduct.cfm?productid=1403

I'm french, so I've mailed the french office of Coherent, and they quote me 478 Euros for the lasercheck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

that's more than two times the $310 price ( $310 == 235 Euros )

Who manufacturates this tool ? Coherent, or Edmund, or some other company ?

Shiftlock

Enlightened
The Coherent LaserCheck is manufactured by:

Coherent Inc.
Auburn Group, Instrument Division
2303 Lingbergh Street
Auburn, CA 95602-9595
USA
Phone: (530) 888-5602
Fax: (530) 889-5262

I still recomment www.rli.com for ordering. Great customer service, and the best price.

TTaz

Newly Enlightened
I've finaly ordered a Laser Check at www.rli.com , ordered it the 18 of december.... then mailed them the 28 of december as I had no news.... and now the 3 of January, I still have no news of my order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm a little bit.... ahem.... disappointed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
Are they on holidays ? ... but they could have set an autoreply /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

well..... wait and see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif