36 Dorcy AA bat's for 5.00 going on at BIG5

junior

Enlightened
36 Dorcy AA bat\'s for 5.00 going on at BIG5

Hello everyone, BIG 5 is having a sale on 36Dorcy batteries for 5.00 dollars. Not sure if they are any good, however it sounds like a good deal.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: 36 Dorcy AA bat\'s for 5.00 going on at BIG5

they are probably heavy duty batteries... not much of a sale
since around here they are cheaper than that.
If I could ship batteries cheap I can get alkalines AAs 10/1.00 plus tax. they are rebatt cells but test at 1.5+volts and brands vary.

junior

Enlightened

what are rebatt's? Are they remanufactored batteries?

greenLED

Flashaholic

they are "heavy duty", just checked the ad. I picked up 12 AAA Ray-o-vac alkies for 1.98 at Toys-r-us two days ago.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

They don't say on the package exactly but I believe they are repackaged batteries pulled out of merchandise that comes with batteries. I have 4 packages of 2 differing brands, haven't used them yet but I tested the voltage through the packages
They even have rayovac maximum alkalines in some packages. I have a thread in the past on rebatts, problem with ordering on the web is the prices are not that great but the dollar store here has them cheap.

junior

Enlightened

Thank's guys....
I just stick to buying energizers....i have had nothing but good luck with them.

I am also going to buy some energizer liths and rechargables...

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

most alkalines will do well, even cheaper ones are fine for all but stuff you need to be stranded on a desert island with as cost/performance on them may be considerably better. I would definately get some nimh cells... enough that can start saving lots of money on throwaway batteries, using alkalines for backup and remotes/clocks and lithiums are good for special use, but average everyday use they can start eating your wallet up.

junior

Enlightened

Makes a lot of sense lynx. I think i may go buy a pack to just to have for throw around and basic items.

Thanks lynx

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I got all my nimh from stripping cell phone packs I picked up for 1.00 each... 12AA 1500mah, 15AAA 550mah for about 12.00 total, it was a task trying to figure out which ones had what batteries I endup up with some 4/5AAs and some A sized cells which are in a lantern now.
Although they are not uber cells and I have to charge them more often they have paid for themselves and the charger I paid 7.00 for. I used to ration my flashlight use, now I am busy using up half dead batteries I replaced in lights with nimh in a nightlight. I am down to less than a dozen batteries but purchased 4 headlamps with heavy duty batteries in them I am using up. Maybe I am too cheap to throw away half dead cells, but I have been running my nightlight on them for about 5 months now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

That's odd... my post at 10:54 isn't showing up on the recent post list.

SilverFox

Flashaholic

I just picked up some Dorcy Mastercell Alakaline's. I will be testing them and adding the results to the Alkaline Battery Shoot Out post.

Tom

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

The only time I have seen dorcy alkalines here is in with lights. They only sell the heavy duty dorcy cells and you have to read carefully to find out what they are on the package although the clue is huge amounts for too cheap to be true.

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello Lynx Arc,

I have not seen Dorcy cells before this as well.

These Mastercell's are labeled Alkaline and cost me $1.99 for an AA 4 pack, $2.49 for an AAA 4 pack, and $3.49 for a D 2 pack.

Tom

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

They better be really good at those prices... YIKES!

junior

Enlightened

I went ahead the 36Pack of Docys. I will use them for item around the house that are not that important and for emergencies.

Cant wait till siverfoxes test comes out.

Hey lynx, you are one frugal dude....i thought i was frugal.....

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

when you have no income you gotta be frugal. I hope to be able to be able to buy a few luxeon lights when I find a decent job and pay off some of my old debts.

junior

Enlightened

Hey lynx, i am in the same boat as you. I am on my second small business and am struggling.

Going to be a very tight Christmas.

Keep up the good fight..

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

Sometimes you enjoy the stuff you have to fight tooth and nail for more than the stuff handed to you already done.
I am having a blast finding stuff dirt cheap. I know most of the gurus probably chuckle at me knowing they were there awhile back and a few are taking notes saying... hey if this nut can do that so can I!