• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: 8AA to 2D adapter

lmcmann

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about the rarity, but I picked up 4 of them when they were available, and I wish I'd picked up at least 4 more. I keep finding new uses for them.

Larry

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fivemega...will your regulated 8AA to 2D holder work in a Lux III Mag mod?

I want to do a regulated output Mag Mod on a Lux III but I don't know if your holder will work or not since it's regulated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

red_robby

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BugLightGeek said:

I want to do a regulated output Mag Mod on a Lux III but I don't know if your holder will work or not since it's regulated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
i can't see why it would not, if the holder will keep the voltage at 3.6V all you need to do is match the Vf of the
lux to maintain the current you'd like.

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
red_robby said:
[ QUOTE ]
BugLightGeek said:

[/ QUOTE ]
i can't see why it would not, if the holder will keep the voltage at 3.6V all you need to do is match the Vf of the
lux to maintain the current you'd like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I CAN see why it might not work. The output out of this is pulsed dc. It relies of the characteristics of a filament bulb to work properly. Be prepared to blow the led and/or the regulation unit if you get adventurous.

You also run the risk of overtaxing the regulator in the unit due to the differences in led vs incan resistance.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok...so, I'll stay away from the regulated 8AA to 2D adaptors for my Mag Mod since I might be using an nFlex.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif
Anyone got a non-regulated 8AA to 2D adaptor available?

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can't find a 8AA to 2D the 6AA to 2D adapters will work just fine with a nFlex I get right at 2:40min at the highest level in regulation using 2300mAh AA's with the nFlex set to the 1000ma drive level. A pair of Waynes 3toD's would work also.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
heheh 2:40 min of regulation, might as well DD to save $25 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ensig said:
heheh 2:40 min of regulation, might as well DD to save $25 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but then you wouldn't have 8 levels of variable output! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Besides, I'm hoping to find an 8AA to 2D holder so my runtime will be longer!

moraino

Enlightened
You can't go wrong with nFlex. I use NiMh with solder tabs and make my own pack. It is very easy. But they are not available with high capacity. That's the only catch.

Henry