Is there a light that has perfect spot and flood?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a light out there that can change from a near perfect to perfect spot, to a perfect or near perfect flood? This seems to be the kind of light that I am going to go after for my whole life because every light that I know of either doesnt change focus, or can do a excellent spot but a flood with a hole in it or vice versa.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Light that has perfect spot and flood?

You mean the LED's do the flood while the incan does the spot? hmm never though of that. Another addition to the to-buy list when I am 18 and have a job.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Re: Light that has perfect spot and flood?

Hello Mags Despiser,

I find a good combination of spot and flood with both my X990 and my TigerLights, no changing required.

In the EDC category, I really like the beam of my ARC LSH-P, but it lacks total power.

Tom

udaman

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Mags_despiser said:
Is there a light out there that can change from a near perfect to perfect spot, to a perfect or near perfect flood? This seems to be the kind of light that I am going to go after for my whole life because every light that I know of either doesnt change focus, or can do a excellent spot but a flood with a hole in it or vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

A2 does not fit your description, it is fixed focus, same with the Tigerlight. X990 does change from spot to flood, but its pretty damned large and heavy.

Practically the only reason M*gs don't suk is that they have near infinite, very quick, spot-to-flood change capability, vigorously protected by team of attorneys. With a Medium Orange Peel Reflector(MOP)installed, you loose some throw and tight spot, but can mostly eliminate the donut hole in the M*glite- a compromise to be sure, but you might like it. Become an attorney when you grow up and you may be able to afford any custom, one-off special light you want.

Considering you are only 12?, you may not have to wait your entire life for that elusive quality. Just think (out of the box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ), do not slide projectors have nice uniform bright white beam-patterns? With the ones that have a zoom lens, you can change the size of the projected image! Perhaps some type of projection lens/zoom lens reduced to small enough size for a flashlight coupled with high-output, super-efficient LED, or some new light emitting technology not yet even known now, of the future, will get you what you want? Think positive thoughts.

Used A2's can be found on BST forum for around $100-135, don't expect one of these tiny lights to throw like a focused larger reflector M*glite though. Could change you usrnm to "SF'sR2Bling-Bling" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif , but the SF contingent here may also get offended (that is the truth, it's a high quality product, if unaffordable for many).

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is there a light that has perfect spot and flo

Some of the Inovas have perfect Spots. Off the top of my head, the Inova X1 for example, gives a perfect circle of spot light, while the X5 gives a pretty even and almost perfect (I'd say) flood. So all you need to do is to tape these 2 together back to back by the tailcap... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags despiser,
There are a few options out there. For example, a SF for nice throw and slip a beam diffuser over the bezel for the perfect flood.
I believe the Nightcutter M60L comes with multiple optics and bezels for different beam characteristics.
There is also a LED light designed for the film industry that has a focusing reflector here
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I guess the most perfect blend of spot and flood I've ever seen would either be my ARC4+ or my SF 9P with an M2 bezel and a P91 lamp assembly. I think I'd side with the 4+. It's got a great general purpose beam.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is there a light that has perfect spot and flo

[ QUOTE ]
TORCH_BOY said:
Maglight with orangepeel or sputtered reflector

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, my mag with the fivemega cammed aluminum reflector throws the best beam of any lights I own.