Is there a reliable service to create a "runtime chart"?

Lights and Guns

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I have been running a few different modlite flashlights while at work for the past 4 years give or take.

They have far exceeded my expectations during that time and have never had any issues with any of them.

They also have outperformed just about every other light that I've paired them up against for my needs at least.

With that said, something that has bothered me for the past couple years is that the company doesn't put out any form of runtime specs/expectations.

As far as I can tell, Modlite markets the runtime as "1hour 15 minutes" at "1350 lumens" on (1) 18650 for instance.

Obviously that is impossible.

I want to know if I can send me lights off somewhere or to somebody that provides the service of testing the lights and giving me actual lumen output / CD output at different intervals on time.

Something simple:

1) Light turn on = Lumen "X" / CD "X"
2) 5 minute mark = Lumen "X" / CD "X"
3) 10 minute mark = Lumen "X" / CD "X"
4) 30 minute mark = Lumen "X" / CD "X"
5) 1 hour mark. = Lumen "X" / CD "X"
ect.

I know this isn't necessary, and I know there are variables that could impact the readings.

But It would be really nice to finally see what these lights are ACTUALLY outputting.

Overall, what I'm trying to gain here is a greater understanding of these lights, considering they are my go-to for both work and play...

It couldn't hurt being more knowledgeable about the tools I have at my disposal.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lights in particular that I'd be interested in having tested and having charts made for are as follows:
1) Modlite PLH-v2 (18650 handheld)
2) Modlite PLH-v2 HOG (21700 handheld)
3) Modlite PLH-v2 (Boost adapter installed) so It will be the 21700 body with the 18650 PLH-v2 head attached. (Basically the smaller older modlite head, attached to the newer larger HOG body so it can be ran on a 21700 battery) -- this will give undoubtedly more runtime, and more sustained output up front id imagine.

Thanks to anybody that might be able to send me in the right direction.

Last edited:
I don't know of a service that can do so, but this page is where a well-known builder of integrating spheres sells his calibrated contraptions. Instead of possibly having to pay for a service, perhaps you might purchase the sphere to take your own measurements of all your listed lights and more.

I'd be very interested in seeing an output and runtime graph for the Modlites too.

Lights and Guns

Newly Enlightened
I don't know of a service that can do so, but this page is where a well-known builder of integrating spheres sells his calibrated contraptions. Instead of possibly having to pay for a service, perhaps you might purchase the sphere to take your own measurements of all your listed lights and more.

I'd be very interested in seeing an output and runtime graph for the Modlites too.
Thanks, spent some time looking through the thread. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of customers reported inaccurate readings. Some either wildly low for the lights tested, while others complain of wildly high readings … I appreciate the link, but will pass on that… would drive me nuts wondering if it's accurate or not …