Battery Commonality and my Big Fat Dilemma

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
I thought I had it licked...

AA batteries for my Illuminator, Badboy, E-lumens "LGI", Opalec and Infinity Ultra. Even lithiums now and then for a spicey diet.

C batteries for my 3C/2D Elektrolumens Blaster and Trek 1400...

I stopped really USING my AAA Arc LE, just had it near, in "case".

SO there, only 2 types of batteries with the Opalec as the electronic compost pile. Yahoo! I can buy in bulk, shop for price, and have fresh power whenever I want at a decent price. If I am travelling, no battery worries.

I started sleeping better knowing that if a light failed, I could pirate the cells from its neighbor.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Surefire had to come out with the KLx's. I dusted off my old E2 and fantasized about 4.5 hours of FLAT, bright runtime and Craig's 5 Star rating before testing was even complete... I thought about my C3, unused in months, hosting a KL3 for 7.5 hours of FLAT, bright runtime and Craig's 5 star rating before testing was even complete... I bought a C2HA to host a KL3 b/c of the slight bump in lux and runtime over the KL1 (and b/c of other C2 features)

AND now, I am back to 123's, AA's and C's.

I just sorta hope the KLx's suck so I won't make the other LS's drawer queens.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am having an E1 adapted with an Opalec to help use up all the Surfire lithium droppings. I have pretty much settled on AAA, AA and 123A, but there are a couple of C cell lights in the mix (they are all LEDs though, so when batteries are too dead for them to use, they are DEAD), and then of course there are the Photons too....

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc LS is as pricey as I want to get. I try to stay with AA, C, and D. I even try to keep it down to 1 or 2 cells per light. For AAs I mostly use Lithiums for longest runtime: more cost effective with LEDs.

My Arc SLS and the Cyan first (due to arrive on 10 Oct) can use the 123, but I prefer not to: too short a runtime. Since both can run on a single AA, this is perfect for me.