Spotlight with batt that runs from DC cord also?

MikeF

Enlightened
I am looking for a handheld spotlight with 1,000,000CP or more that will run from an internal battery or a 12v dc cable. Some come with both A/C and D/C chargers, but can't run from a cigarette lighter if/when needed. Help!

pyro

Enlightened
Re: Spotlight with batt that runs from DC cord als

The X990 can do that with the optional car adapter.
But if you don´t really need an internal battery you
could buy just every possible light without battery,
and make/buy a rechargeable battery pack with cigarette lighter socket.

jsmn4vu

Newly Enlightened
Re: Spotlight with batt that runs from DC cord als

The Thor will. It has two jacks: one for charging, and the other for operating. (The "operating" one is to be used only with the lighter adapter.)

MikeF

Enlightened
Re:Spotlight with batt that runs from DC cord also

Thanks for the quick responses.
I should have added it should cost less than $100.00, and be hand holdable for the application I need it for at work. I have an x990 with the DC adapter and love it, but the guys at work would have a MCI if they knew how much it cost. The guys I am helping with this project want to own their own hardware, not keep borrowing mine.

watt4

Enlightened

not a spotlight, more of a floodlight, but I think the husky "worklight" can run off its own battery or a 12 volt cord. maybe it could be modded?

I have one, and it's nice to know I could power a different 12 volt device by plugging into its battery, even though I haven't yet.

huskyworklight2kz.jpg

search for husky worklight at homedepot.com

Brock

Flashaholic

The Thor is about $30 from Sams Club, and it will fit the bill, rather large though. Maybe the smaller version of the Thor, I forget what the name was...

Scoob

Newly Enlightened

Home Depot has a Huskey 2.25 MCP spotlight made by Vector (one of my favorites) that will run off (while charging) a 12V cig jack. $24.99. It's a great light, and not near as big as a Thor.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Thor, most of the Vectors, the LSI, and the Galls are the ones that I have seen in person that have both the internal battery, and can run off the cord (but DC only) too.

MikeF

Enlightened

Thanks Everyone, I think I am going with the Husky from Home Depot.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Spotlight with batt that runs from DC cord also

The Vector 3 million CP light is by no means a spot. It will do an excellent job of lighting up your yard though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The Husky light is great. It rivals the power of my HS HID light. The only brighter deal that I can think of is the Thor........but that is as big as a house and not what you would call portable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spotlight with batt that runs from DC cord also

BakerOnFire90, is the Vector more of a lantern than a spot? I have seen them in stores and have thought about getting one.