It's a Grand Time for Hot Wire Fun!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
It\'s a Grand Time for Hot Wire Fun!

Just wanted to say that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill's working on his Ultimate Stealthlight and SuperMag Mod TKs among other tasty 10KLu projects.

Jim's got his amazing SF M6-R and Tigerlight mods not to mention the ingenious ring potting idea.

Newbie's making the Thor even more monstrously bright than it already is with his boost mod.

S4MadMan just posted the largest bulb group buy ever seen and that is set to deliver over 1 million lumens in total!

Fivemega and modamag are making the most gorgeous and functional battery carriers we've seen in a long time (you might remember Chief's 4AA-Ds) along with custom bodies and battery blanks.

I'm dropping MagCharger slugs into the holiday stockings of aspiring bright-a-holics around the world and delivering monstrous 1/2D batteries and about to launch an MR-16 TK.

Well, it's just a good time to be into hot wires. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Wilkey

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Re: It\'s a Grand Time for Hot Wire Fun!

I have my name on more than a couple hot wire lists! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Of course, I haven't abandoned the small end of things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif )

Larry

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ginny -

I could go on and on about how much I appreciate the knowledge I've received from HotWire gurus.

It's been a few days since last I asked that you endure my questionable logic. My apologies. I wish to amend that right now. Here we go.

I've a couple of postulates or assumptions seeking theorem status.

I like Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwiches.

I don't think the surface of the sun contains any pure oxygen. Yet, there seems to be a fire going on. Not all fires in the universe require pure oxygen.

A filament is in a altered atmosphere containing no pure oxygen. However, there appears to be a fire going on.

There are no gaseous compounds of any sort in an LED. Electrons replacing holes producing photons. Photons yes. Fire no. Odd. Unearthly.

Most but not all ModMen/SuperBuilders deal with LEDs. Most ModMen/SuperBuilders originate from areas that cannot be located with a GPS. All celestial aliens are afraid of fire.

tvodrd is not an alien.

tvodRoad is having fun.

When tvodRoad is having fun that usually means many people are having fun.

Please check these theorems:

1.) My 10 year old flashlight is on fire like it's never been before.

2.) Many people all over the world are having fun with HotWires.

3.) Larry is one of us.

4.) PBJS is one of us.

Thank you for your continued patience.

- Icey

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Thanks, Icebreak! (I think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) (May I add, cool post until you got to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif )

Larry

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

And I just ordered two Pelican bulbs from FiveMega. All that remains is for me to get my Sub-C pack and I can report back on my findings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I THINK I'm going to be the first posting results about Peli bulbs on SubC high current cells. Previous experimenters used NiMH AA and I'm discovering how wimpy those can be - the voltage sag under heavy loads is really, really quite significant. I like the big beefy cells for the big Mags.

I'm sourcing a local joint that may or may not be able to build the packs for me. If they can, it would save me from having to wait and the packs would be here even before the Pelican bulbs. I am envisioning that this pack will eventually drive the 1274 when it gets here (mid March?!)

I like my LEDs but nothing delivers the awesome shock power of an overdriven incan.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

@ tvodrd

Yes, Sir. That was a compliment.

Obviously there is a huge difference between how Incans and LEDs work. It is the subject of massive discussion. If my less than factual identification of this divergence causes a few chuckles, perfect.

As a flashlight enthusiast, I'm truly pleased that a modder of your caliber is interested in hotwires and I am always pleased when I see other modders (/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif) show interest and offer their expertise.

- Jeffrey

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

My tax return needs to get here faster so i can get some more of this stuff. I'm just hoping fivemega's battery adapters supply last long enough for me to buy one. Although it probably wont /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Shane

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wilkey,

It is indeed pretty cool to be a hotwire guy these days, although I have never had quite as much fun as when you and I were working in parallel on TL and MC mods. Those were some pretty amazing CPF times. Not to mention the absolute THRILL of acheivement I felt at making the TL mods a reality. My first modding project. My first success. And all thanks largely to the help and encouragement and suggestions I got from you.

The people here on CPF, hotwire as well as LED and HID, are what make it such a fun and rewarding place to be. Thanks, Wilkey.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

I second Jim, I seem to do that a LOT!

Hotwire IS fun, but having built a few LED's with Larry's guidance and encouragement, (tvodrd) and KevinL's helpful hints on a couple SNII clones, they are fun too!!

Thanks to all who play a part here!!

Bill

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I'm SOMEBODY now...

Icebreak said so!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ya always was and always will be, ya big ol' nut.

Did you ever get all your parts?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

My C Crane Quickcharger soldiers on doing my stuff. It has broken all the springs now, so rubberbands make contact!

But it'll top off cells pretty quick!

It's gonna be a while yet for the 1111, 1160 and 1185 bulbs. But I am having a good time with an 1174...

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whoa!

270, that's the bigtime buddy. You making your own Aurora-thingy?

Wilkey

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Ginseng:

sorta, once I can machine my own o-sink like thingy to mount the G6.35 socket and retain the (future) battery pack, i'll go down to my local electronics store and get a rocker switch and get the thing going, but it won't be any where near as elegant as your Aurora or the USL that is being offered right now, since it will be a 4-D based home creation. But hey, there are those of us who would rather do that than buy TK models. maybe I'm just looking for the "scenic' route.

Nick