ARC LS Repair and Modding services?

Shadows

Newly Enlightened
hey guys...
my arc lsl died a couple months back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ..and since i was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif or rather had to finance my e-300 and lenses... so now its time to breath new life into my arc ...actually the tail end died, the 123 clicky tailcap. my tsp 2aa works fine with the head.
Does anyone now who does repairs for the clicky switch?
Also anyone can suggest and recomend someone who can repair and do mods?
What mods are available? I heard of the two way switch (how does it work? ) and i'm thinking of getting the ls swapped?
how much would this run me up?
btw i'm from Singapore, so if u now anyone closer to me it would be great.
Thnx guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
your clicky is just ordinary kroll, so sandwich shoppe or flashlightlens carry them for $5

the two stage switch is a limited run. you can ask in BST though. they can cost you from 20 to 30 or more.

you can ask litfuse for the LS swapping (or current bumping if you want)

total cost? well, have no idea

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, it's good to have people like Litfuse around to keep our Arc LSs running. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif

Britt

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
the arc ls is not a very complicated device.
I would not need to send mine to any one for any kind of
repair.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad to hear that, markdi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect timing for this thread, I have a LSH-P that has a crack in the lens that I need to replace, I thought this might be a good time to replace the LED with something a little brighter. I know there are some threads on the subject already that I will be checking out this weekend but if some one is interested in helping me swap the lens and upgrade the LED then please let me know what the cost will be.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lebkuecher,

Which Arc do you have? Is it the one with the two piece head or the one piece head? I think that getting lenses for the two piece head is a bit difficult. I've modded quite a few Arcs, but never bothered to pay attention to the models I've worked on, so I don't know the model designation for the one with the two piece head.

My standard for most mods is $40 plus parts and shipping. I believe that Litfuse does these mods also.

I see that you are in Arizona. You might want to drop CM a line. He's an Arc wiz.

If you're going to have all of this work done, I would recommend replacing the optic with a reflector also.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Britt- Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

markdi- Complicated is a relative term, and it means different things to different people. Nothing is complicated if you know what you're doing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif As with any new endeavor, there is a learning curve the first couple of times you do something. Over the course of completing *many* Arc LS mods, I have developed a system that works very well for me. The proper tools and techniques were revealed to me through experience. Many folks have done their own LS mods, and I think that's great. Many of them have contacted me for advice, which I am happy to give as time permits. Doing your first mod is a really great feeling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Then there are folks that would prefer to have the work done for them. They may not have the tools, knowledge, time, or inclination to attempt the modification themselves. Many of them realize that better results can be expected when the work is performed by someone with experience, as opposed to someone starting "cold". There is a saying that goes something like: " You pay someone not only for what they do, but also for what they *know* ". Experience is important in anything I think, and there's only one way to get it. If you don't have it yourself, I think it is usually prudent to enlist the assistance of someone who does.

Lebkuecher- I'll send you a PM.

Peter

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tony

Thanks for your response and I think your right I should do every mod that is practical. I plan on keeping this light for a very long time because of the size with a twisty. The EDC 60 I have is just a little too large for me to carry in my pocket.

This LSH-P is a one piece head (SN – 118 if this helps) I think. I do not see 2 parts to the head.

LitFuse

Please do PM

After reading your testimonials it sounds like you do really good work.

Thanks for the responses and Shadows good luck with your switch!!!!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chop - weren't the two-piece heads in the Arc LS considered the 'First Run' category? I've got one and it says First Run. Question for Chop or Litfuse on the one piece heads as I've also got one of those. To remove the board or optic it looks like you need a good sharp needle nose pliers or similar. What kind of torque is usually needed to break this loose? I tried once with some ground down needle nose and it got away from me. I'm afraid to try it again with those as I partly dinged the slot when the pliers slipped. It seemed like it was taking a lot of torque. Are these usually in really tight?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two piece heads are "First Runs".

They are usually very tight, some are nearly impossible and have to be Dremeled out. Once in a great while I get one that has no Loctite at all and could be removed with tweezers. That is unusual though, most are a pain in the as*. Some people claim that heat has helped them, but it has never worked for me.

Typical Arc mod involves pointy pliers, a vise, and brute force. Swearing is often heard.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Peter

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh - so there is normally Loctite in the One piece heads - that would explain the trouble. Thanks Litfuse. I may turn this one over to you eventually. It actually works fine but the optic sucks and the LED has serious purple spots in it - which I've sort of come to like at times but some time down the road I think this one is getting a full restoration and upgrade.

MiisterJones

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, Im a little new here and still dont know my way around this place too well yet, but I do have a few questions and some info on the Longbow Micra and Arc 4 waterproof capabilities. I hope you guys can help me out.

Do any HDS Ultimate 60 owners have the arc 4+ as well? How would you compare them? I'm debating on buying an HDS GT60, I have an Arc 4+ and a Longbow Micra. Are the waterproof capabilities of the HDS 60 the same or better than the Arc 4+? I'm a Scuba Diver and so far I've taken my Micra on every dive. I've taken the Micra to 160ft several times and still works great no leakage, but with the Arc 4+ (knowing its not a dive light) I've taken it down to 50ft during all of my tropical night dives and no leakage, Still works great. I wanna know if the Ultimate 60GT is better/just as good.

Also, I called HDS and they said that they were comming out with new lights within the next 6 months, but they wouldnt tell me anything about them, some kind of "top secret" stuff... Does anyone have any info on the new lights comming out? This is the only thing holding me back from buying the GT60 now. I was gonna buy the 60GT, but after hearing about the new lights I decided to wait. Also, is the GT worth getting? should I just get the 60?

Sorry for all the questions, but I hope you guys can help.

Thanks
Ken

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
MiisterJones- Welcome to CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think your questions would likely be better addressed if you were to start another thread. Since your questions have little to do with the title of this thread, I think they are just buried here with little potential for replies...

BTW, since I see that you are a diver, I have a Barbolight dive light for sale in BST in case you might be interested. Barbolight for sale...

Peter

wmirag

Enlightened
I happily EDC'd my LSL-P for several years but, as technology marched on, other lights got brighter and whiter so that my LSL found itself all but retired to the flashlight display case.

So I gave it a new lease on life. It just came back from LitFuse: new TWOJ, current boost, reflector, and UCL.

This little sucker now ROCKS sunlight-white on high, while the two stage Clicky gives me all the runtime I might need in an emergency. And of course there's still the Twisty for deep concealment.

I highly recommend getting this mod for your LS. It's a tribute to Mr. Gransee that my four year old light could be put back in with the frontrunners - and a tribute to LitFuse for doing such a clean, professional job.

W.

StuU

Enlightened
Another thumbs-up for Litfuse mods. Just got my LS back and it is *very* nice with TWOJ and reflector. Much more functional than the old LS.

I have done a lot of mod stuff involving all kinds of lights, even making my own led bulbs, etc. However, I just did not want to be messing around inside my LS....
Stu

cy

Flashaholic
Been meaning to make an anouncement for ARC LS & ARC4 repair/modding services.

I'm doing SMT work and can repair dead ARC LS boards.

equiped with a decent electronics lab and a full machine shop.

With right tools, opening up ARC LS first runs is no problem. black expoxy inside is the show stopper.

will post details soon.

workbench 2.JPG