HDS Action Light III Headlamp...

Hockeymoose

Newly Enlightened
...are already any of them out there?

Of course I am interested in the performance of these lights, but since they come from HDS I suppuse the Action LightIII Headlamp produces a serious amount of light.
But being a headlamp means a little bit more than only fireing the sky:
How good is the Action Light compared to any of the PETZLs' or SILVAs' due to ergonomic considerations?
I have to ask, because I cannot figure out how to carry the light on my head only by looking at the more or less unhappy picture on the HDS's hompage.

RobF

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in the same thing. I can't really get a feel for the scale of the light by that one picture they show. I've emailed HDS and they've replied that they'll be more information and photos at some point but it's been about 3 months or more since. I'd like it to see a picture of someone wearing it. I'm imagining that it probably takes wearing a caving helmet. As i'm a caver that works for me.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been waiting for this light for a very long time. I will be interested to see how it compares to the other names out there. It looks like it will be bulky/heavy... but the picture could be showing stuff incorrectly.

Thanks.

Curtis

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure wish Henry (hdssystems.com) would chime in here and give some feedback.

Curtis

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
RobF, HockeyMoose,

As is stated on the web site, there is a head band version - which requires no helmet and a 3/4 inch flat hook version - which works with a standard mining adapter on a helmet.

Cue003,

We will be showing a production Action Light at the NSS Convention the first week of July. Come to the Inner Mountain Outfitter's booth to see one. We will be posting additional photos after we return.

I think you will find that the Action Light is no more bulky/heavy than existing headlights - and even less so in many cases.

Henry.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
By NSS, Henry means National Speleological Society if you all are not familiar. Not going myself but info is available here. http://www.caves.org/
It would be really nice if someone could post a pic of the Action Light on a helmet. The website make it look the size of a paperback novel.

BTW. Alex at IMO is a great vendor. Well If he has one I guess I'll get to see it eventually at VAR or OTR or another caving event.

Hockeymoose

Newly Enlightened
Thank You Henry,

I will be waiting for the photos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Hockeymoose

Newly Enlightened
Still waiting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am starting to quickly lose hope in the Action Light III. It has been more than 1 month since henry mentioned he would post pictures and we still have nothing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If these things are due to start shipping soon there must be a prototype or an early production run that Henry can take pictures/beamshots or anything else for those of us that are interested in his product.

I have a feeling that I may have to start to look ealsewhere for an "available" solution.

I will hold out for a little while longer to see if Henry and HDS can deliver.

Thanks

Curtis

pyro

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
HDS_Systems said:

As is stated on the web site, there is a head band version - which requires no helmet and a 3/4 inch flat hook version - which works with a standard mining adapter on a helmet.

Henry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where exactly?
I can only the choose between polycarbonate or glass lens

Hockeymoose

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys you are out! I don`t plan to purchase any HDS headlight any more, it took too long time to get more information about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I will be getting a Silva L1--you had the chance getting me as a customer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif