WIfe is having labor pains......

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Hi guys,
My wife is in the hospital tonight because she is having labor pains and is dialated 2 cm. She is 6 1/2 weeks early. They gave her a shot this evening to try to stop her from going into labor and another shot to help the baby's lungs develop (I am pretty sure that is what they said???).
They are going to keep her until at least Saturday and if she is still having labor pains Sunday then they are going to deliver the baby.
I just got home about 1/2 hour ago and have gotten our 7 and 2 year olds settled into bed. I will be going back to be with her in the morning.
Prayers are appreciated that both Mom and Baby will be fine.
If I do not respond to this thread tonight please forgive me. I have had a long day in dealing with a kidney stone myself and with everything else I am dog tired.
I may be cruising the boards some tonight while I try to settle down but if I dont respond please dont take offence.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our little one was 6 weeks early. He was born healthy and is now 3 months old!!! Prayers went out for the mother and the baby.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Labor's a scary time, with birth being the most wonderful event in the universe. My thoughts are with you, your wife, baby, and family.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
May Blessings Be upon your whole family.

I guess you will have some idea of what the wife is going through when you decide to "give birth" to the kidney stone though....
My sympathies.

Hope all goes well for you all.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
best wishes for your newborn baby and your wife. You have wonderful family.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
The Doc said this evening that she has not dialated (sp?) any more and that her contractions have lessened. If she is the same tomorrow morning then she can come home but will be confined to complete bed rest.
I appreciate everyones comments and thank you for the support.

Topper

Flashaholic*
There are some that pray and do not post it, trust me on that: prayers are sent from many.
Topper
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Update:
Wife is home now and under strict orders not to move unless going to the bathroom. Just rest, rest, and more rest.
Thanks again everyone for the prayers and thoughts.
I appreciate all of you more than you will ever know.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Glad to hear she is home. Hope all goes well. At 6 weeks early and careful watching everything should be fine. Did they do sonogram to see where baby 'was'?
Being on bed rest can be a tough time on all involved. Are there any family or friends that can come help with cooking, cleaning, childcare, entertainment etc.?