When UPS Tracking Shows Item Is "Out For Delivery"

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Don't bother waiting for the package. What they really mean is the item is out for delivery to the Post office, where they "dump" the parcels off. The USPS then completes the most expensive and labor-intensive part of the delivery to your home on the next delivery day.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I've even seen packages show "delivered" a number of times, but I didn't get them until the next day. Very annoying because you don't know if the driver simply scanned all packages as delivered before starting their run, or you had porch pirates.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've never gotten that notice then the post man deliver it. I always see "delivered to next destination" and see a usps tracking number or a link to it. It's called "last mile service". DHL uses that a lot. Often it's the seller who chose a less expensive option for shipping but charged the customer the full rate.

My qualm is with FedEx. I see them ship it from a city then back to that city the next day. But overall they do pretty good too in my experience.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate when you have a package in your mail box to be shipped out and they scan it then for some reason put it back in the mail box then push mail on top of it for 3 days and it says "on its way to Marion VA" and you and Jerry from Knifecountry that you know are wondering what happened and you've been off work for the week and nobody pulls your package out of the box while you are gone and it's just set there. I could have driven it to him in an hour………. Logistics

Deep breath. Punctuation left off for dramatizing.

donn_

Flashaholic
I once shipped a very expensive custom light to a member in Japan. He was in a hot rush for the item, and instructed me to use USPS Express, which was supposed to be overnight from Long Island to Japan, and for which he added well over $100 to his payment.

He got the light over 2 weeks later. He was crying in his daily emails to me, but we had done a good deal of business together, so he knew I followed his instructions to the letter, and wasn't ripping him off. Finally, the Post Office in japan tracked down the package. . . in Lima, Peru. I called it foul routing on the part of USPS. They did the right thing, and refunded his shipping charge, but couldn't give him back his sanity.

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
I've never gotten that notice then the post man deliver it. I always see "delivered to next destination" and see a usps tracking number or a link to it. It's called "last mile service". DHL uses that a lot. Often it's the seller who chose a less expensive option for shipping but charged the customer the full rate.

My qualm is with FedEx. I see them ship it from a city then back to that city the next day. But overall they do pretty good too in my experience.
I just got the final delivery notice from UPS. It said it was delivered at "other". Whatever TF that means.

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
USPS has dropped the ball around here ever since the plandemic.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Weeks later.... still waiting to receive my Convoy M2. After getting notified that it is in U.S. Customs. Ironically placed an order two weeks after ordering the M2. And all of those numerous flashlight models have already arrived. Contacted AliExpress about my M2 being lost in the mail. They very politely told me to just wait for it to arrive. I'll wait a little while longer before contacting them again.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When the sender chooses "Sure Post" it goes to the post office as the "last mile" service. A truck load gets dropped off at the post office instead of being delivered to individual addresses. USPS gets a cut from UPS for that. SurePost costs the shipper a lot less. So don't blame it on UPS, blame it on the sender it if it bugs you.

I've had packages get snagged at customs plenty of times. So I try to avoid buying anything from those "ali" companies who are by the way closely allied with the communist regime that runs china.

Image.jpg

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once shipped a very expensive custom light to a member in Japan. He was in a hot rush for the item, and instructed me to use USPS Express, which was supposed to be overnight from Long Island to Japan, and for which he added well over $100 to his payment.

He got the light over 2 weeks later. He was crying in his daily emails to me, but we had done a good deal of business together, so he knew I followed his instructions to the letter, and wasn't ripping him off. Finally, the Post Office in japan tracked down the package. . . in Lima, Peru. I called it foul routing on the part of USPS. They did the right thing, and refunded his shipping charge, but couldn't give him back his sanity.
True flashaholic right there

raggie33

*the raggedier*
check out this this is the flash light im waiting for lol for real check out the tracking lol i live nearest to the last city it was in now its back in jacksonville floridia lol
Processing at Destination
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
JACKSONVILLE FL PACKAGE SORTING CENTER
December 14, 2023, 3:59 pm

Processing at USPS Facility
FORT GAINES, GA 39851
December 13, 2023, 9:02 am

Arrived at USPS Facility
ALBANY, GA 31701
December 13, 2023, 4:43 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 13, 2023, 12:37 am
Accepted at USPS Regional Destination Facility
December 12, 2023, 8:33 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
December 12, 2023, 8:48 am
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
ATLANTA, GA 30349
December 11, 2023, 10:22 pm
Shipping Partner: PITNEY BOWES
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
ATLANTA, GA 30349
December 9, 2023, 6:58 pm
ORLANDO, FL 32819
December 8, 2023, 12:02 am
ORLANDO, FL 32819
December 7, 2023, 8:05 pm
Merchant Order Receipt Notification, USPS Awaiting Item
November 29, 2023, 11:29 am

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out this this is the flash light im waiting for lol for real check out the tracking lol i live nearest to the last city it was in now its back in jacksonville floridia lol
Processing at Destination
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
JACKSONVILLE FL PACKAGE SORTING CENTER
December 14, 2023, 3:59 pm

Processing at USPS Facility
FORT GAINES, GA 39851
December 13, 2023, 9:02 am

Arrived at USPS Facility
ALBANY, GA 31701
December 13, 2023, 4:43 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
December 13, 2023, 12:37 am
Accepted at USPS Regional Destination Facility
December 12, 2023, 8:33 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
December 12, 2023, 8:48 am
ATLANTA, GA 30349
December 11, 2023, 10:22 pm
ATLANTA, GA 30349
December 9, 2023, 6:58 pm
ORLANDO, FL 32819
December 8, 2023, 12:02 am
ORLANDO, FL 32819
December 7, 2023, 8:05 pm
Merchant Order Receipt Notification, USPS Awaiting Item
November 29, 2023, 11:29 am
200.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
amyone know how to to enter my address? i dont have a mail box on my my street. i only have a po box which is at usps. but when i order something. i neevr know who they ship it with it. do i eneter po box in where they ask for adress? if i do will i still get it if they ship ups or fedex? once again a item i neeeded is being shiped back to the company i got it from