Need advice for a power supply for a Triton

Enlightened
What is a good power supply/source (a good buy) for a triton? I've searched around but have no idea what can fill the bill. I found a tripp lite pr15 DC power supply 13.8v 15A for $78. Thanks in advance.
Chris

wquiles

Flashaholic
The cheapest is an used laptop PS - any unit that provides 12-15 volts DC, usually at a couple of amps, will work great. That is how I power my Triton /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Will

cy

Flashaholic
I use a 12V car battery, then charge up once a month.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Radio Shack 12v/3amp unit. That still provides plenty of charging wattage and handles all of my charging needs at relatively low cost.

You can also convert a desktop PC power supply to do the trick, which is probably the cheapest option since many old PCs are basically just thrown away.

cy

Flashaholic
got a 15amp radio shak powersupply that will not work with triton.

voltages veri at my house for some reason. I've also got 220 three phase power, which is unusual for a home. at least around here.

triton is pretty sensitive to voltage spikes. hince the use of a car battery for a power source. have not tried a PC power supply because car battery is working well.

charging station.JPG

marcspar

Enlightened
Cy,

How did you make that clamp charger "thingy"?

That's exactly what I need as I have heard my plan of using magnets to attach various size batteries to my triton has some drawbacks.

Thanks,

Marc

Foxx510

Enlightened
I use a PC powersupply with my Supernova charger. Works a treat and very cheap. You need to join a few wires on the motherboard connector to make it start up, let me know if you want details.