• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McModule Question

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the Pelican M6 McModule is compatible with the M6's that use a one-piece reflector/lamp assembly?

I seem to remember something about the new* lights no longer being threaded. Am I wrong?

Jon

* by "new" I mean the ones that have been produced for well over a year now.

ckcanon

Newly Enlightened
The lamp module in my PM6 is not threaded - it simply drops into the body. The body however is threaded where the turned-down portion of the lamp assembly slides into it.

Close examination of that part of the lamp assy reveals lightly etched thread groves - as though it had originally been threaded but was turned down to remove the threads.:confused:

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
ckcanon said:
The lamp module in my PM6 is not threaded - it simply drops into the body. The body however is threaded where the turned-down portion of the lamp assembly slides into it.

THAT is what I needed. If that's the case the McModules probably still work in the latest PM6s.

Am I the only one that's been worried about this? :)

Jon

Last edited:

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
You too, eh?

If I could stop obsessing over my latest projects - flashlight projects that is - I could get more done at work and actually leave at a normal hour! :S

Jon

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If your PM6 has female threads in the battery tube, you are probably OK. At some point I believe those threads were no longer machined in as there was no reason for them. I have no idea of the current state of affairs or the various permutations that transpired as Pelican removed the nasty beam adjustment feature that was and is owned by those guys in Ontario. Valuable piece of IP there! :rolleyes: Such a novel concept too! :green:

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, that makes sense. Pelican probably had a huge batch of threaded bodies and when the Ontario boys pitched a fit, well, they just dropped in a new lamp assembly despite the threads.

Jon

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the O-boys only bother the new products since the Scorpion and some others also focus. Nothing like progress. :shrug:

-LT