Laser just to impress myself & friends!

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, just wanted a laser (not over $100) to impress my friends. Any advice would be appreciated as I know almost nothing about lasers. Thanks!

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
An AtlasNova Green Laser Pointer. Availible for under $80, IIRC, there may be a deal on either the power, or the price, if you give them your CPF username. Someone fill in if they know the details of any current deals...

This is what you want without a doubt.

The green beam is visible from the SIDE, at night and in dark rooms. A 5mW green laser is approximately 20x (twenty times) brighter to the human eye than a red laser of the exact same power.

http://www.abeland1.com/

I don't know your location, but beware of certain sellers who sell this or similar pointers modified to over 5mW, they may not be legal to import to your country. For instance, lasers over 5mW are not legal to import into the US without safety devices like a key switch, shutter, "deadman" switch plug, and a lens shutter.

Remember when "impressing your friends" don't do anything dumb, namely anything in the big red warning paragraph that sits atop this forum. :) Green lasers have gotten some bad press in the past year, and are subject to some sensationalizing that can and has caused scrutiny and regulation that unfairly impacts legitimate and responsible users.

Last edited:

Clifto

Newly Enlightened
Last time i purchased from Arnold Beland/Atlasnova he had a deal for CPF members. The deal was if you were a member he would send you a 20mW+ for $87 thats including tax. This was a month or so ago so you may want to email him and ask. [email protected]

Changots

Newly Enlightened
just got mine a week or so ago and i believe the deal is still on. i was dissapointed to only get a 19.1mW..not to say it isn't bright!

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clifto, that email address wasn't good....
Thanks!

Clifto

Newly Enlightened
I just rechecked that email address and it was the one i used to communicate with Mr. Beland. This was a month or so ago so i have no idea if he has changed it. Just go to http://www.abeland1.com/ and look for his email address, that should be good to go. Sorry if i have misinformed you

Last edited: