Whew...what a read. 2005 Surefire catalog

boostmiser

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a copy of the 2005 Surefire flashlight and tactical flashlight catalogs. I was reading them last night and it's quite an intensive catalog for such a small company. And for all those that ask wether Surefire's are worth the money, I encourage you to read their book. It really makes you realize it's not just a flashlight, it's science, it's a culture, it's patriotism, it's art and everything in between. And yes, now I realize they are worth every penny.

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds great!
They obviously succeeded in making a great catalogue and some good advertising. I've had the same experience with the Philips OEM catalogue. Mmmm, light bulbs... *droll*

Do you think you can forward one, or preferably both, for those less fortunate who isn't living in the US? Surefire does not ship their catalogue abroad. If so, I'll PayPal you the expenses.

Andreas

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
winny-

The catalogs are well done and fun to read. If you can't get a paper catalog, you can download all 2005 catalogs and some older ones from SF's website.

They are PDF format and are the same, except for the paper.

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
it's patriotism

If you want to see SF at their patriotic best, try hunting down the L6 "pork-killer". Finding this light won't spell out what I'm hinting at but it will definatley set you down the right path of SF and their priorities. I guarantee you'll see just what a patriotic company they are.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Spydie said:
If you want to see SF at their patriotic best, try hunting down the L6 "pork-killer". Finding this light won't spell out what I'm hinting at but it will definatley set you down the right path of SF and their priorities. I guarantee you'll see just what a patriotic company they are.

Perhaps you'd care to comment further?

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
boostmiser said:
...It really makes you realize it's not just a flashlight, it's science, it's a culture, it's patriotism, it's art and everything in between. And yes, now I realize they are worth every penny.

They are good lights but their catalogs and sales pitch remind me of the menu's in resturants that take a paragraph to describe a BLT and two to tell of the wonders of a cheezeburger with fries.

Science does not write that way. Salesmen who sell sizzle do.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
images