• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *FS* Threaded spacer tube for Nuwai 3X3/3X1

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sold Out: Threaded spacer tube for Nuwai 3X3/3X1

If anybody is interested? I have 0 of these spacer tubes for the Nuwai 3X3/3X1 watt 3 D cell flashlight. This spacer will allow you to use 4 NiMH C cells in your big light without making any tailcap spring mods to the flashlight. The end user would still need to get some PVC plumbing tubing to reduce the inner diameter of the body.

There is an o-ring groove but I will not be providing the o-ring.

$12 each + shipping

The mill finish will be cleaned off.
wink2.gif

Last edited:

PGP

Newly Enlightened
Got mine today! :rock:

Will have to go buy some rechargable "C" cells so I can test it out. Already have the PVC pipe.

:goodjob: :thanks:

L

LED_experimenter

PGP said:

Will have to go buy some rechargable "C" cells so I can test it out. Already have the PVC pipe.

Hi PGP
Sounds like you are enjoying your Nuwai TM-800X3...that HOT 3X3Watt light!
Just make sure you don't use 4 "C" Alkalines!!!
(just a note: I bought my NiMH batteries (5,000mA's) from Amondotech, along with one of the VANSON Universal Smart [same as the Titanium] Charger...seems pretty good quality!)

And, when you do get your NiMH batteries and 'play' with the light for a while, let me know what happens and how you like it, then.
I found the current draw to almost double with the 4 NiMH batteries, as compared to 3 "D" cells.

BTW, the pvc measures about 7-3/16", if you don't want it inside the adapter. If you do, it will have to be longer by the amount that you insert into it. (make sense?)

Have fun!

Take care,
Ed

Last edited by a moderator:

Radio

Modulated Moderator
So if the curremt draw has doubled than the light must be significantly brighter? but wait, the rechargeables are 1.2 VS 1.5 volts, so what is the end effect, longer run time with some increse in brightness?

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you like the spacer PGP?
PGP said:

L

LED_experimenter

Radio said:
So if the curremt draw has doubled than the light must be significantly brighter? but wait, the rechargeables are 1.2 VS 1.5 volts, so what is the end effect, longer run time with some increse in brightness?
Hi Radio
I am not an EE, but I believe part of the difference here, is that the battery type (being NiMH VS Alkaline) has lower internal resistance, allowing more current to flow through the batteries. Also, if you use 4 C NiMH cells (4x1.2+volts), you have between 4.8 and 5.6 volts (the latter is newly charged cells) which can handle current better than Alkalines. It also appears that minor changes (even a few 10ths of a volt) in voltage can make big differences in current draw, and increased light output. The other BIG factor here, is the cost of the batteries, and the savings you have with NiMH over Alkalines.

Outcome, using the NiMH cells = more light output and less expensive to operate. (But please remember: I am only telling you what I have learned from others, and my own experimenting. I cannot tell you to do it, or that it is safe...since I sell Nuwai lights - including this model!

Hi TranquillityBase
Your adapter is very nice. It makes removing and inserting the C cell batteries much easier. I was thinking it might be nice to have anodized or coated in black to match the flashlight body (since mine is bare)...or, perhaps in an Epoxy Glow Paint, so it will be visible at night...hmmm - maybe you don't want anyone to see you...hmmm HECK, you wouldn't be using THAT flashlight, if that was the case! ;)

Take care,
Ed

PGP

Newly Enlightened
Works great with 4 "C" Alkalines! :poof:

Just kidding! I will be ordering the 8 Titanium 500mAh & Titanium universal battery charger from Amondotech.

I have the 1" PVC pipe and that is the measurement I cut mine at also! Mine will not fit into the adapter, PVC pipe is too big.

You are right, it is a decent light. A lot brighter than a 4D mag or probably even a 6D with a longer run time. Not close to any of my hot rod Mags but still a nice light for the collection.

It could always double for a meat tenderizer if you cant find one in the kitchen! :grin2:

Thanks
Patrick!

LED_experimenter said:
Hi PGP
Sounds like you are enjoying your Nuwai TM-800X3...that HOT 3X3Watt light!
Just make sure you don't use 4 "C" Alkalines!!!
(just a note: I bought my NiMH batteries (5,000mA's) from Amondotech, along with one of the VANSON Universal Smart [same as the Titanium] Charger...seems pretty good quality!)

And, when you do get your NiMH batteries and 'play' with the light for a while, let me know what happens and how you like it, then.
I found the current draw to almost double with the 4 NiMH batteries, as compared to 3 "D" cells.

BTW, the pvc measures about 7-3/16", if you don't want it inside the adapter. If you do, it will have to be longer by the amount that you insert into it. (make sense?)

Have fun!

Take care,
Ed

PGP

Newly Enlightened
TranquillityBase said:
Do you like the spacer PGP?

Spacer is great! I just want to run over to Fry's to buy some rechargable C's instead of waiting for the ones from Amondotech.

Where can I get an O-ring for the adapter?

Thanks!
Patrick