Scorpion and rehcargeable batteries problem need help

olisir88

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I just bought some rechargeable batteries and a smart charger from ebay.
the batteries are 3volt 680mah 123a.
When I put them in my scorpion flashlight the bulb seem to have blow cause original batteries didn't work .. so I changed the bulb and placed a new one so now it work with non rechargeable cr123a 3v..

now i'd like to know if anybody could tell me what's wrong and what can I do to use my new batterie and not get the bulb to blow...
is there any other bulb that would fit the scorpion and that is stronger

thanks guys
oli

Kershaw

Enlightened
I don't know why the rechargables don't work but i would suggest that you buy a rechargeable Stream Light strion and sell the scorpion on the buy sell trade section of cpf.

chrisse242

Enlightened
You most definitly got a pair of regular li-ions. Those read up to 4.2V fresh of the charger and will blow your 6V-bulb every time. (You can check that with a multimeter) If you want to use the scorpion with rechargeables, buy a protected 17670 li-ion with matching charger from AW (B/S/T-forums) or a pila 168s with charger. Both are the same as your cr123 li-ions but in 2x123 form factor. Because one of those has a lower voltage than 2xcr123's you'll need another bulb as well. So go find a strion bulb and you're done.
If you bought those cells as 3V, and they are in fact 4,2V you could try to get your money back. Real 3V li-ions are very rare, and I doubt there are any of them on ebay.

Chrisse

olisir88

Newly Enlightened
thanks ChrisseI'll go and check that out, but when you said :Because one of those has a lower voltage than 2xcr123's you'll need another bulb as well. So go find a strion bulb and you're done.
witch one need the strion bulb, the pila way or the protected 17610??
or both need the other bulb

thanks in advance

chrisse242

Enlightened
olisir88 said:
thanks ChrisseI'll go and check that out, but when you said :Because one of those has a lower voltage than 2xcr123's you'll need another bulb as well. So go find a strion bulb and you're done.
witch one need the strion bulb, the pila way or the protected 17610??
or both need the other bulb

thanks in advance

Both, since the pila is essentially the same as a protected 17670 with a brand name on it. One more thing comes to my mind. Some of the unbranded li-ions with protection circuit don't work under high current drains. You might want to verify that the cell you buying can provide enought current for the strion bulb. Hopefully someone else will know about it.

Chrisse