Olight M2r Warrior charging problem

Brotjs

Newly Enlightened
Good morning,
I bought an Olight M2R Warrior in June 2020. I've come to charge it this morning as the red LED was displaying whe. Using it recently and when I attach the magnetic charge to the end cap of the torch, it turns on the led flashlight. I don't think the torch is actually charging, but the current from the charger is somehow forcing the torch to stay on. Even if press G the side button, the torch doesn't turn off until you remove the magnetic charger from the end cap.
It's strange, this has never happened before but now I have no way to charge my torch. The led on the end of the charger cable stays red.

I closely inspected the magnetic connection between the charger pin and the end cap of the torch and the magnetism is not strong enough to depress the end cap to make the torch come on, it must just be the magnetism or power interfering with the torch. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a new one I haven't heard before, among the several others I have heard about those specific on-board charging systems. Wish I could help, but I'm starting to think there are issues with that design that just can't be solved. You may have entered the Twilight Zone with that light, but they're apparently rather popular lights though, so someone with direct experience may have a solution for that particular issue. Hope so!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good morning,
I bought an Olight M2R Warrior in June 2020. I've come to charge it this morning as the red LED was displaying whe. Using it recently and when I attach the magnetic charge to the end cap of the torch, it turns on the led flashlight. I don't think the torch is actually charging, but the current from the charger is somehow forcing the torch to stay on. Even if press G the side button, the torch doesn't turn off until you remove the magnetic charger from the end cap.
It's strange, this has never happened before but now I have no way to charge my torch. The led on the end of the charger cable stays red.

I closely inspected the magnetic connection between the charger pin and the end cap of the torch and the magnetism is not strong enough to depress the end cap to make the torch come on, it must just be the magnetism or power interfering with the torch. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Even if press G the side button, the torch doesn't turn off" but still the light stays on with the charger attached so what I suggest is removing the tailcap and cleaning the contact surfaces, use a can of air (for cleaning computers) to remove any dust inside the tailcap and wipe down the contact surfaces with alcohol or contact cleaner. Also clean the battery surfaces and those on the charging puck as well. Once everything has been cleaned unplug the charging puck and put the tailcap back on the light and make sure it is properly tightened down so that the light works. Plug in the charger and then attach it to the light. If it still comes on, you could try removing the charger, putting the light into lock-out mode and then attaching the charger.

The light is probably charging but because it is also on, it will not really be restoring the charge in the battery.

Good morning,

Your charger is damaged, there is a short on its output. This causes the constant red LED as charging current is always flowing. The short also signals the light to turn on, it thinks you have a magnetically attached remote switch and are pressing it.

As them to replace your charger.

Latest posts