Wurkkos TS22 review

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
My latest review, and first Wurkkos light:

Wurkkos TS22

I've had a lot of requests to review this light, and I'm glad I was able to - it's a remarkable light, especially for the price. It has a custom user interface (no more Anduril), but with a lot of thoughtful features (and a few quirks). To give you one quick teaser for performance:

TS22-Max_ii3DyxDUeotLqyz1MudtSV.gif
You'll see the same pattern on Med in the full review - basically, I'm seeing best-in-class efficiency for my sample, which is particularly impressive for a neutral white emitter.

Please check out the full review for more details, happy to answer any questions here or on my site.

Last edited:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty impressive run-time vs output, even more so for a sub $50 price.

The "auto lockout" feature would give me pause, though. It's good that there's a workaround with the switch standby light, but still. Since it's much easier and simpler to just loosen the tailcap a bit, I wish that they (and others) would advertise that as the lock-out feature instead of adding on to the user interface.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
The "auto lockout" feature would give me pause, though. It's good that there's a workaround with the switch standby light, but still. Since it's much easier and simpler to just loosen the tailcap a bit, I wish that they (and others) would advertise that as the lock-out feature instead of adding on to the user interface.
Agreed on all fronts. Auto lock-out was a strange thing to find, and almost brought down my score - until I realized the "green moonlight" opportunity it provided.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, did yours come with a magnetic tail cap? The page on Amazon showed it having a magnetic tail.

I've read a lot of people saying that's bad for pocket carry, but I've got a Nebo work-light with a magnet in the tail and it turns out to be surprisingly useful for a utility light. There are a lot more places to mount it around the home than I would've thought.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Also, did yours come with a magnetic tail cap? The page on Amazon showed it having a magnetic tail.

I've read a lot of people saying that's bad for pocket carry, but I've got a Nebo work-light with a magnet in the tail and it turns out to be surprisingly useful for a utility light. There are a lot more places to mount it around the home than I would've thought.
Yes it does have a magnet in the tailcap - sorry I forgot to mention it, will add that point to the review.

And I agree, I find this to be a particularly valuable feature for worklights. Curious, what was the main complaint for pocket carry (was it the magnet?). I would have thought this light is preferable to many, given the ridge detail over aggressive knurling (which can do a lot of damage over time).

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should've specified, I meant that on any light in general, some people don't like having a magnet on a light that's carried in a pocket, because it grabs things like keys all the time.

(though personally I don't carry a light with metallic items all in the same pocket anyway, to avoid damage)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Following up on a request in another thread, I have gone and measured the standby drain past 3 mins, to see if it changes once the auto lockout engages (i.e., for when the indicator feature is off). I have just measured it, and can confirm it drops down and stay at ~100-110 uA on my sample, with no more jumps up to ~1.82 mA.

I have tried the powerbank feature after auto-lockout engages, as I had originally speculated that the scanning for the powerbank may have been the reason for the periodic jumps the higher current. The powerbank works no problem. So this means the periodic current jumps before the lock-out engages can't be due to powerbank feature.

On the other hand, once the auto lockout does engage, that means the standby drain for this light (without the indicator feature on) is actually not that unreasonable for the class - a little under 5 and half years for a 5000mAh cell to drain at the post-lockout drain.

Latest posts