1" body/head 18650/123A do-everything light

MCorbin

Newly Enlightened
The new Fenix PD36R is really interesting. There seems to be a lot of potential in a small package with the 21700 battery. Unfortunately the mode memory tail switch kills it for any kind of tactical use :( So close Fenix...

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Fenix PD36R is really interesting. There seems to be a lot of potential in a small package with the 21700 battery. Unfortunately the mode memory tail switch kills it for any kind of tactical use :( So close Fenix...

True! All the specs are there, and with Fenix quality. Even with mode memory, might be the #1 contender, you just have to go through the (ponderous?) step of checking to make sure you used the light last on turbo each time. Hell, I could live with that, for all those other specs, I suppose. These are also questionable:

- No instant access to eco mode (the lowest mode), which means you'll have to click click click cycle through from turbo

- eco mode is 30 lumens!!!

MCorbin

Newly Enlightened
Good point on the low mode. 30 lumen minimum is ridiculous. If Fenix could rewire the light so the tail switch always came on in turbo and the side switch always came on in ultra low we'd have a winner. Or at least a light I'd be ordering right now.