1040nm IR

jb2c

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. New to the forum. I am looking for a 1040nm IR illuminator light. Is there one available to buy, or do I need to make my own? Not familiar with these much at all, except that I do know 850nm and 940nm have a red glow, and the 1040nm supposedly does not. I'd like something that doesn't have that red glow. I have read up some on these, and even though the 940nm is not supposed to be visible, lots of guys say it still does. But the 1040nm does not.

I have also read that I can drop in a 1040nm head into some light bodies. Anything more than a drop in is not something I want to do.

One other thing... I'd much prefer being able to use a tape switch of some sort with it. And of course, only pay $5 for all of it!!

jb2c

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. New to the forum. I am looking for a 1040nm IR illuminator light. Is there one available to buy, or do I need to make my own? Not familiar with these much at all, except that I do know 850nm and 940nm have a red glow, and the 1040nm supposedly does not. I'd like something that doesn't have that red glow. I have read up some on these, and even though the 940nm is not supposed to be visible, lots of guys say it still does. But the 1040nm does not.

I have also read that I can drop in a 1040nm head into some light bodies. Anything more than a drop in is not something I want to do.

One other thing... I'd much prefer being able to use a tape switch of some sort with it. And of course, only pay $5 for all of it!!

Anyone??