Cocaine vs ROP LE

helios

Newly Enlightened
Okay, so I finally put a 2C ROP LE (Roar of the Pelican Lithium Edition) together and got a chance to take it to work last night. I usually rely on my Dominator as my Night Light so I was a little apprehensive about taking an unproven light into the field. While on 'routine' patrol at 2:30 AM my partner sees a man running from the highway into the woods. Most people don't jog in the woods at 2:30 AM so we felt pretty sure we wanted to interview this fella. We head after him and I click on the ROP LE for the first time in the dark. Wow, talk about a wall of light! I'm running after a possible bad guy, trying to avoid barbed wire and trees, and it's all I can do to keep that big goofy grin off my face from the flashlight I'm holding. The ROP LE literally turned night into day for about 50 yards in front of me (using a MOP reflector). We get a call about five minutes into our search for an active alarm at a local business. Our man was running from the crime scene but he could'nt run from the ROP!

Later we are asked to assist a deputy with a traffic stop. Its about 3:45 AM and these bad guys have a locked and loaded shotgun, knives and cocaine. Its raining, dark and cold but the ROP LE lit up the road like a handheld highbeam from my car. Found the package of cocaine the suspect had thrown out the car in a matter of seconds. The white powder was like a beacon glowing in the night when the ROP LE beam hit it. Two bad guys down for cocaine, felon in possesion of a firearm and driving under the influence.

I know it can only run for about 20min, that the unprotected lithiums take a little extra care and that the hotwire bulbs aren't as reliable as LEDs but man you gotta respect that much light from a tiny 2C Mag. Just waiting on my Tesla-6 to see if it works as well as the ROP LE. Thanks guys for all the great instructions and suggestions for mods. I'm hooked!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good story!

Sometime I wish I had a job that required use of my lights. :)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Way to go on that R.O.P. LE and those busts Helios!

Noticed the San Antonio location. Just wanted to say I had a great time at the River Walk and enjoyed the Alamo. . .

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman said:
...and at the end of the bout, the ROP smokes the cocaine! (shouts the boxing announcer...!ding!)

great, now the case will get throwed out for destroyed the evidence! lmao

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!

That is a great story and I am glad things turned out so well for you - it is always nice to have tools that help make the job that much easier. You already know about having a backup light to cover you (any incandescent can blow) so that is all good. :)