ARC LS, Flupic and tritium

trivergata

Enlightened
I fianlly finished a multi-week project - ARC LS body (thanks CY), Flupic (thanks Goldserve)and tritium (thanks Vaism)

Also, special thanks to Mini-Modder for the help and parts!

So here we go - First is the heatsinc I made to drop into a threaded retaining ring - it has a small raised area for the emitter, and an angle to drop into the ring. The two holes are for the emitter leads:

Next the Flupic with the leads soldered on. I scraped off some of the coating on the board so it would ground thry the top to my can (it was all pretty when it came from Goldserve, but it needed my personal touch!):

flupicsmall7zs.jpg

Add some epoxy:

bareenginesmall8cs.jpg

Clamp it together:

clampedenginesmall9yo.jpg

Add an emitter (TWOJ - Thanks PhotonFanatic):

unsolderedenginesmall0li.jpg

Solder the leads:

And add 4 tritium:

tritiumsmall1mn.jpg

That's all, folks! This guy really rocks! The interface is good, the body is and ARC (nuff said) and the tritium adds a cool touch. I have both the 123 clickie and the 2xAA bodies, although it is dimmer on AA's.

Josh

trivergata

Enlightened
Kryosphinx - I used 2 wires on each just to make sure it could carry all the current that the board was putting out.

Thanks for the comments so far guys!

Josh

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
Nice one trivergata. Looks real good, I especialy like the tritium in there. :twothumbs

trivergata

Enlightened
Reima - sorry, I never answered, but 2 months late is better than never, I suppose.........

the reflector is a McR18, and the tritium is epoxied to the lip of it, rith up close - I allow 5 minute epoxy to cure till it is thick, and then dip them on one side and stick them. I've done it to 2 ARC's with McR's and 1 Aleph 1 (6 vials, green and purple - SWEET!).

It has no noticeable effect on the beam except up close (6 inches) whaere you can of course see the shadow of the vials. at a distance, there is a very faint line of light coming out from the spill, like a starburst, from the location of each vial, but it's not noticable unless wall-spotting.

Josh

Latest posts