Eneloops now at Costco!

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at the Costco in Folsom, CA today and they had an Eneloop combo pack for $26.49. It has an Eneloop charger, 8 AA 2000 mAH cells, 4 AAA 800 mAH cells, 2 C size adapters, and 2 D size adapters...all come in a hard plastic storage case. The package didn't list any specs about the charger, although I noticed it has a fold-out wall plug. Oh, and it only had one green LED to indicate charging, so I suspect it's at best a peak detect charger that charges in pairs...but more likely it's just a timer based charger.

Just thought you guys might be interested. I had it in my cart, but put it back...I just have too many batteries and chargers already. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a good deal to me since Thomas Distributing has it priced at $11.97 for a 4 pack (AA or AAA). That comes out to under $36 for 3 4-packs w/o charger. But they include a 4-cell battery holder (plastic). And don't forget s/h.

Now off to Costco to see if they have it on stock here. I'll probably trash the charger and order a Maha MH -C9000 charger through Thom. Distr.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people are saying that the Eneloop charger may be an idependent channel charger. Apparently there's not a whole lot of info available, even from Sanyo's website, so who knows. If it is, that'd be more of an incredible deal than it already is.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
The information I received suggested that this was a test with only a few Costco stores.

The actual stores that are supposed to be involved include:

Costco Durham, 1510 N. Pointe Dr, Durham, NC 27705
Costco Folsom, 1800 Cavitt Court, Folsom, CA 95630
Costco Burbank, 1051 Burbank Blvd, Burbank, CA 91506
Costco Cranberry, 1050 Cranberry Square Dr., Cranberry Township, PA 16066
Costco St. Louis Park, 5801 W. 16th St, St Louis Park, MN 55416
Costco Burlington, 1725 S. Burlington Blvd, Burlington, WA 98233
Costco Sonterra Park, 1201 N FM 1604 East, San Antonio, TX 78232
Costco Douglas County, 8686 Park Meadows Ctr Dr. Littleton, CO 80124

In my efforts to determine exactly how Eneloop cells work, I ran across a Marketing Manager that occasionally feeds me Marketing information. Now, if I only could sit down and talk with a Design Engineer over coffee, I would be set...

Tom

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Hello SilverFox,

Thank you for the information. The Burbank store is about 30 minutes away from me. I will call there and see if they have any left. That is if the other CPFers don't beat me to it!

Regards,
Mark

Nell

Enlightened
Anyone have the item number? I would like to call to confirm in my local Costco.

Thanks.

Effulgence

Newly Enlightened
Are those C and D size adaptors just PVC sleeves to make them fit or are they battery magazines (i.e. 1AA-to-1D or are they 3AA-to-1D)?

Canuke

Enlightened
The Eneloops seem to be so closely matched to one another in the 4-packs, I almost wouldn't care if the charger is a cheapie that charges in pairs. I've twice unpacked a set of 4 to find them within one or two millivolts -- yup, I said millivolts -- of each other. I can still use the charger and cycle the groups around, so they all pass through the Lacrosse BC900 every second or third cycle, to spot any oddities.

Thanks for the tip, I work near one of those Costcos, and will have to check it out.

Canuke

Enlightened
JetSkiMark said:
The Burbank store is about 30 minutes away from me. I will call there and see if they have any left. That is if the other CPFers don't beat me to it!

As of yesterday (May 2) when I picked up one of these kits, there was about one pallet of them at the Burbank Costco... about a hundred or more.

Regarding the charger, its rated output is 300mAx4 for AA and 150mAx4 for AAA. Sloooow....

Last edited:

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Hello Canuke,

Thanks for the info. Do you have the item number? I called the Burbank store last weekend and spelled "Eneloop" for them to search and they said they had none. I also had them try "Sanyo". I will have to go there this weekend and hope for the best.

Regards,
Mark

Canuke said:
As of yesterday (May 2) when I picked up one of these kits, there was about one pallet of them at the Burbank Costco... about a hundred or more.

Canuke

Enlightened
Hey Mark,

183245 is the # on my receipt right here. It only says "charger", so spelling it out probably didn't do much good for someone at a keyboard. It does say so on the pack, and it's on an end cap near the one with all the Duracells. They are blue and not too hard to spot, at least so long as the pile is that big.

Last edited:

redfish

Newly Enlightened
I saw this on Ebay

It comes with 8 AA, 4 AAA, plus C,D adaptors and a charger. Is this the same as what's being sold at Costco?

JetskiMark

Enlightened
redfish said:
I saw this on Ebay

It comes with 8 AA, 4 AAA, plus C,D adaptors and a charger. Is this the same as what's being sold at Costco?

That is the same as the Costco kit. The Costco bundle was $26.49 plus tax. I paid $28.68 for each package (I bought four). $49.99 shipped from eBay is not a deal.

Regards,
Mark

I would have bought a set from Costco if they didn't have a charger in the pack. In fact, ALL (Duracell, Sanyo, Sony) of the rechargables at Costco come in packs with a charger. If only...

redfish

Newly Enlightened
I would have bought a set from Costco if they didn't have a charger in the pack. In fact, ALL (Duracell, Sanyo, Sony) of the rechargables at Costco come in packs with a charger. If only...

Considering their price at Costco, and the fact the charger is a smart/independent charger, I don't think I would mind. I just wish my Costco would carry them soon.

Latest posts