Stryker flashlight

davidt

Enlightened
I was recently at frye's electronics and I saw this flashlight

MOT-LX6AK2.jpg

It's xenon, all aluminum, 80 lumens. It was only 24 dollars. I decided to check on these forums to see what people thought of it. Suprisingly I couldn't find anything about it on these forums.

Go to google and type in "stryker flashlight" and you get a bunch of results. I'm sure the people here who likes the tatical look will find it interesting.

Anyone who ever used this flashlight please give your thoughts.

jml90

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking about getting one, it appears to be a SF G2 knockoff, but I decided I'd get the Brinkmann Maxfire. I like it and it's just as bright as a P60.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've sold a couple of these "T.O.P.S. Stryker" lights. They're not bad. They're actually Surefire P-series compatible. They're tough, simple, and have a great clip. The lens is made of plastic, though, and I'm not sure if it can be easily replaced. Boker USA also sells the exact same light for quite a bit more. (they put their own name on it, but it still comes with T.O.P.S. batteries, so I assume it is made by or for T.O.P.S. originally) For $24, it's a safe purchase. If you dig hard enough, you might be able to find my FS thread with a link to a review made by a fellow CPFer.

Last edited:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting!:green:

do you know dimensions? it seems like my SF 6P...:candle:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
80 lumens woth 70mins of runtime!:eek:oo:
better then SF 6P...:rolleyes:

If it actually runs longer, then it probably isn't as bright. Really, this is basically the same device, essentially, as a SF 6P. The P60 (the stock 6P lamp assembly) will work in this light, and then it'll have the same specs as the 6P, and vice versa. It's about the same size as a 6P, maybe a little fatter. The 6P is a better light, but this is ok, too. The Surefire lamp assemblies have a smoother beam, also.

Last edited:

waynejitsu

Enlightened
If it actually runs longer, then it probably isn't as bright. Really, this is basically the same device, essentially, as a SF 6P. The P60 (the stock 6P lamp assembly) will work in this light, and then it'll have the same specs as the 6P, and vice versa. It's about the same size as a 6P, maybe a little fatter. The 6P is a better light, but this is ok, too. The Surefire lamp assemblies have a smoother beam, also.

Just to add-
It is a little bigger,
Heavier
The finish does not seem as tough
Plastic lens

It is an ok light, just not the same as a SF.
It would make a perfect "beater" light for a glove box, tackle box, etc.
You can also get clicky caps for it and the bezel with "teeth" to make it look intimidating:)

IMO, it is worth $24 when you consider that is the price of a Mag light in many areas:)

berto

Newly Enlightened
This light is really nice. The anodizing seems like type 3 but not sure. This light is one light that if it didnt say made in china you would swear it was made in the US. (unlike fenix lights that are good quality but you can tell its made in china) For $24 at fry's for the aluminum incandesent version is pretty good price I moded mine with a p60 type led dropin.

Last edited:

zx7dave

Enlightened
I bought one of these awhile back. Quality is lower then the SuperFire or Ultrafire lights from (which I have also owned). There is a reason you don't see it on the forum much.
However it would work ok for a glovebox light, but I wouldn't trust it for heavy usage. For a little more a SF G2 is a much more dependable light. Just my humble opinion.