Apex as Bike light w/pics

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was experimenting with mounting an Apex to my handlebars and came up with this. Zip ties are quick and good! If you can try to find the "releasable" ones. The Apex 4AA I was using has a reflector, a light diffuser and a P4 mod. Its not quite enough by itself because of the diffuse beam but paired with a Optic based head mounted unit it works really well. The head mounted Apex Pro is still stock.
The battery is in an old niterider bag and has plenty off room leftover for a change of batteries for both units. You could also probably just zip tie that into place or use something like this. Epack

4zk305g.jpg

4k9or9t.jpg

6b4r6ew.jpg

I wouldn't necessarily recommend this setup if you were buying from scratch. But you should at least think about using what you have as opposed to buying an overpriced Niterider system or something.

In fact what I would recommend instead of a Niterider or similar bike specific light is a "Fenix L2D CE textured" single or dual on the bars with twofish blocks and an SSC modded Apex optic on the helmet. Both the 4AA and Pro both work well on the helmet. Heck you could get two L2Ds and an Apex setup for little more than a NR Newt. I actually prefer AA's because its so easy to bring spares. Plus the proprietary battery packs go dead after a couple years and cost a boatload to replace.