• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

18350/18500 Battery Compartment Pre-Sale

lumenalview

Newly Enlightened
I wish I got into flashlights a bit earlier, I missed this presale but 100% would have gone with 18500. Right now struggling with 123 vs 18650...I love the "pocketability" of the 123 but those 18650 runtimes...

I know, I know. Right answer is both. Expendable income dictates one light though...for now :)

What are the chances there's just *one more* 18500 compartment hiding in a drawer somewhere over at HDS headquarters :D ?

EDIT: Newly enlightened. 18500 seems like an ideal best of both worlds. Maybe in the future another run?? :)

Last edited:

thaugen

Enlightened
Look what just arrived from Arizona! Wow this thing is so nice. The tint is warm and the 18350 compartment should give some impressive runtimes. Really hard to tell the difference from a CR123 tube. Thanks Henry and Hogo!
81D8BBAD-5A12-4786-975D-A1BC0A6A5819.jpeg

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
After using this new rotary in the dark here are a couple of observations. The NB27 is as close to incandescent as a led can get. The beam pattern from the reflector is artifact free and perfect.
2700k is a color temperature that I have never experienced before, so it is very interesting.

wweiss

Enlightened
The German parcel service or customs messed up and sent everything back to the US. Henry was extremely helpful throughout the process and resent everything at no cost and it finally arrived. USPS refused to cover the extra costs even though it wasn't Henry's fault.
And this is why HDS is top of the line…

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The German parcel service or customs messed up and sent everything back to the US. Henry was extremely helpful throughout the process and resent everything at no cost and it finally arrived. USPS refused to cover the extra costs even though it wasn't Henry's fault.
Great to hear your tubes and NB27 arrived finally. I would have been a pity If there would be only one NB27 in Germany :)
Now we are at least two with this LED and the cool tubes! :clap:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tortie

Newly Enlightened
I never got my battery compartment or the flashlight I ordered later to pair with it. Its been so long I have forgotten about it. I only remembered this because CPF sent me an email update for this thread🤣