Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 Review

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 from Battery Junction.

Shipping took 3 days to Socal.

The fit is excellent. Has very smooth threads. I give the grade A.

The Type II+ Anodize is also excellent and I give the grade A.

Uses a Cree XR-E Q5. My light has a very slight "creme" colored tint to it's beam.

OP Reflector.

AR coated front glass lens with GITD o-ring installed.

Can use a CR123 and RCR123. Fits AW's Black Protected RCR123. AW's Blue Protected RCR123 will not fit.

Uses a Forward Clickie. 3 level, high, medium and low. No SOS or Strobe! Remembers the last setting. Very easy to push. The rear tail cap sticks out a little but the light can tail stand.

Comes with a holster and 3 extra o-rings.

IncenDio001Small.jpg

Comes with a users manual.

IncenDio034Small.jpg

Warranty card.

IncenDio035Small.jpg

3 extra o-rings.

IncenDio056Small.jpg

IncenDio003Small.jpg

IncenDio004Small.jpg

IncenDio005Small.jpg

IncenDio006Small.jpg

IncenDio014Small.jpg

IncenDio017Small.jpg

Cree XR-E Q5.

IncenDio018Small.jpg

IncenDio026Small.jpg

IncenDio027Small.jpg

O-Rings and threads came lubed.

IncenDio028Small.jpg

GITD o-ring installed.

IncenDio023Small.jpg

Rear view of the reflector.

IncenDio025Small.jpg

Rear view of the Cree Module.

IncenDio021Small.jpg

Lens Bezel Assembly.

IncenDio019Small.jpg

Inside view of the battery tube.

IncenDio037Small.jpg

Forward Clickie. Rear GITD Rubber Switch Cover protrudes a little but the IncenDio can tail stand.

IncenDio029Small.jpg

Clip faces down towards lens.

IncenDio015Small.jpg

Rear Battery Tube section.

IncenDio020Small.jpg

Comes with a holster.

IncenDio010Small.jpg

IncenDio011Small.jpg

IncenDio008Small.jpg

IncenDio009Small.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Size comparsions.

Left, Lumapower's IncenDio Q5. Right, Lumapower's LM303

IncenDio036Small.jpg

Left, Lumapower's IncenDio Q5. Right, Lumapower's LM303

IncenDioSmall.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the lux readings I got. I am using a Meterman LM631 Light Meter measured at 1 meter. I waited 2 minutes before taking the readings. I am using fully charged AW's Protected RCR123.

DBS028Small.jpg

The Lumapower IncenDio uses a Cree XR-E Q5 and the Lumapower LM303 is using a SSC.

Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 (High) - 1400 lux @ 1 meter

Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 (Medium) - 370 lux @ 1 meter

Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 (Low) - 100 lux @ 1 meter

Lumapower LM303 (High) 1070 lux @ 1 meter

Lumapower LM303 (Low) 120 lux @ 1 meter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 (High) @ 82"

IncenDio038Small.jpg

Lumapower LM303 (High) @ 82'"

IncenDio039Small.jpg

Left, Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 (High). Right, Lumapower LM303 (High) @ 82'"

IncenDio040Small.jpg

Left, Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 (High). Right, Lumapower LM303 (High) @ 82'" Stepped down exposure

IncenDio041Small.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 (Low) @ 32'

IncenDio042Small.jpg

Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 (Medium) @ 32'

IncenDio043Small.jpg

Lumapower's IncenDio Q5 (High) @ 32'

IncenDio044Small.jpg

Lumapower LM303 (Low) @ 32'

IncenDio045Small.jpg

Lumapower LM303 (High) @ 32'

IncenDio046Small.jpg

Last edited:

Lumenz

Enlightened
Great review ernsanada! Can the clip be removed, or is it permanently attached? Do you have a Fenix P2D Premium Q5 to compare it to?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review! Finally a small CR123 multilevel with a forward clicky. Luckily I got a couple of the Fenix forward clickies when they were on sale, but this is even shorter and can tailstand. ...and has a clip. Very nice. I wish it was HA, but you can't always have everything.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review ernsanada! Can the clip be removed, or is it permanently attached? Do you have a Fenix P2D Premium Q5 to compare it to?

The clip looks like it maybe pressed in or glued in with the stainless steel ring on the back. I'm not sure how to remove the clip.

Sorry no Fenix P2D Premium to compare it to.

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review! Finally a small CR123 multilevel with a forward clicky. Luckily I got a couple of the Fenix forward clickies when they were on sale, but this is even shorter and can tailstand. ...and has a clip. Very nice. I wish it was HA, but you can't always have everything.

Lumapower calls the finish Type II+ Anodize. They said that some other manufactures use this finish on their lights and call it Type III Hard Anodize.

I guess a true test is to drop the light on concrete or scratch the finish but I don't think I'll be doing that on my light.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review Ernie!
Nice pics too! Thanks for posting it.

I was anxiously waiting for it.

It looks like you have this other Lumapower for some time. I mean, I never had one Luma, and I just wanna know if it is a good light, no issues, etc...

I want to buy onde IncenDio too! Great little light!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the quick posting on this review! And great job as always. :twothumbs

This light looks like it's gonna take my wallet down another notch in thickness :D

Great set of features - I think Lumapower was listening well on this one.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a nice light.

No SOS or Strobe!

Forward clickie, 3 levels. Goes from high, medium then low. The IncenDio remembers the last setting. I really like lights that remember the last setting, no pressing the clickie to get to the level you want.

Comes with a holster.

I like the clip. I tried it in my pocket T-shrt and the light stays in. The light will not fall out if you bend forward. I like clips better than the lanyards. I rarely use them. I have a zip lock bag jammed full of them.

Niteowl

Enlightened
Your review answered some questions I had regarding dissasembly. The design makes more sense now that I see the led module is a separate unit. I'm liking it more already.

The clip appears to be held in by the ss ring which looks pressed in. Does it look like the switch can be removed if needed?

The pics provided the fix I need as my IncenDio works its way west to me. :thumbsup:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your review answered some questions I had regarding dissasembly. The design makes more sense now that I see the led module is a separate unit. I'm liking it more already.

The clip appears to be held in by the ss ring which looks pressed in. Does it look like the switch can be removed if needed?

The pics provided the fix I need as my IncenDio works its way west to me. :thumbsup:

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the switch out.

I think I will PM Ricky from Lumapower and find out how the rear switch is installed.

lumapower

Newly Enlightened
Hi Ernie,

Thank you very much, always nice review.

The clip is not removable, don't force.

Best regards,

Ricky - Lumapower CS

Dobbler

Enlightened
I will say that the light is great otherwise. It's super bright (esp. on 3.7v) and the size and design are top notch. My CREE is a beautiful pure white tint. :twothumbs

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ernsanada, another great review.

I think your outside beamshots are particularly useful.

Not only has your review convinced me to get the IncenDio, but finally seeing some outside beamshots and lux readings for the LM303/33, I think I'll get one of those too, perhaps even first. The low looks really low, and the high looks alot brighter than the 1070 lux reading would have led me to believe, possibly because of the floodier nature of the LM303's beam profile, which is due in part, no doubt to the SSC emitter. Together with the IncenDio beamshots, you've given everyone a good comparison between roughly comparable SSC P4 and Cree Q5 beams.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent review and pics as always Ernest!!

I really like the warmer tint of the WD emitters and am hoping to see more lights use this - I think the warmer color offers better color seperation.

Regarding the switch protruding & tailstanding, we've found that the switch only protrudes when the light is off, when the light is on the switch cover goes flat and it will tailstand without any problem.

EVOeight

Newly Enlightened
No strobe or SOS, that is a huge plus! I see the pocket clip penetrates the side, but the flashlight is still waterproof correct? Is the pocket clip removable?
Mine should be here today or tomorrow, can't wait!

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent review and pics as always Ernest!!

I really like the warmer tint of the WD emitters and am hoping to see more lights use this - I think the warmer color offers better color seperation.

Regarding the switch protruding & tailstanding, we've found that the switch only protrudes when the light is off, when the light is on the switch cover goes flat and it will tailstand without any problem.

Yes Matt I was going to mention that about the tailcap. After I logged off last night I was using the light and put the light on it's tail while on and was surprised the light sits flat. I didn't think to check that when I first got the light in my hands.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

I found out from Ricky that the switch is held in by the stainless steel ring which is pressed in.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
IncenDio's rear switch in the off position.

IncenDio048Small.jpg

IncenDio's rear switch in the on position.

IncenDio047Small.jpg