LF3XT & LF5XT 2AA version, the truely ULTIMATE 2AA light

TranceAddict

Newly Enlightened
according to liteflux, 2 new lights is under early development stage.

Switchable user interface is possible with the new firmware, as far as I know it will be offering both Full-Function UI and Compact UI ( similiar to Nitecore D10/EX10) at user preference, it will be a great you-can-have-it-all light, where Compact UI suits critical task while fancy features suits your pleasure.

My only wish is improvement of the PWM driver efficiency.

Stay tuned for the ultimate 2AA light.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my LF5XT - can't wait for the CR123 version!

The only thing I really want to see improved is the vertical switch alignment. That is, on my LF5XT the switch clicks a bit before it activates the circuit, so to double click you can't really release it all the way, etc. Of course more efficiency is always nice too :)

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooooh, can't wait!

Re: switch alignment - the problem's (should be) in the spring. The little spring under the button (between it and the PCB) ends in a sharp point that makes the button kinda see-saw over it when you press. It should be possible to bend the spring's ends "inside", so the surface touching the PCB and the button are completely flat.

jackcselab

Newly Enlightened
LF3XT use the same mcu as LF5XT. but in order to make room fo CUI code, it remove 1AA related code and use a simpler battery protection warning signal. so the LF3XT's program can't applied to LF5XT. :sigh:

2AA version seems will have more feature than LF3XT. So it use a better mcu. What feature will be added are still unknown.

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds good to me; I love my LF5XT. Hope the option for a bezel down clip is given.

As for the PWM efficiency, I'm not sure if one can increase it. It is inefficient (compared to regulated current drivers) because it is pwm. If they were to use current regulation at lower levels then it would be more efficient iirc.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Oh boy, i simply LOVE my LF5XT ! :)

And, let's see . . . .

I haven't bought a new flashlight for over a Week !

:whistle:
_

Gatsby

Enlightened
I REALLY like what I'm seeing with the LF3XT - a nice clean Novatac meets EX10 meets Jil design - a really flexible UI ... looks outstanding.

The only tweak I see in the UI after reading the instructions is that I'd like to have the simple interface toggle UI option but with a memory on/off option. Right now you only get the toggle function (i.e. min to user, user to max and back) with the simple UI but it does not have memory. In the full UI mode you only have the option of cycling between levels rather than toggling. I really prefer a toggle control (the Novatac/HDS/Ra main distinction) but also prefer to be able to have the light come on in a low low mode when I want to ... mostly at night after the family is in bed. I know I can have it come on in low in the full UI mode but have to sequence to other levels. So either adding a memory on/off as the only option in the simple UI mode, or slotting one of the full UI operation modes (i.e. perhaps the 3 mode program) to be a toggle control rather than a sequential control would make it nearly perfect.

If the size is smaller than my Novatac it might just replace or at least supplement my Novatac as my EDC preferred light. I like having a small and larger EDC option, and currently use a CR2 light in the small slot but would, all other things being equal, rather have batter compatibility with the Novatac (and I have a 17670 tube on the way so the Novatac can move up a notch to a much longer runtime option...).

I can see a lineup of LF2 (key ring backup), LF3XT (small EDC), Novatac 85P (larger EDC with 17670 option) and my Dereelight CL1H (high output throw) as a nearly perfect and functional 4 light setup, thus allowing me to move out of the CR2 lights which, while small, have their limitations.

Last edited:

Chewy

Newly Enlightened
I can see a lineup of LF2 (key ring backup), LF3XT (small EDC), Novatac 85P (larger EDC with 17670 option) and my Dereelight CL1H (high output throw) as a nearly perfect and functional 4 light setup, thus allowing me to move out of the CR2 lights which, while small, have their limitations.

Gatsby - Great comment. I would really like to see others' perfect lineups. Perhaps a new thread should be started. Whatcha think?

Norm

Retired Administrator
Compact UI ( similiar to Nitecore D10/EX10) at user preference, it will be a great you-can-have-it-all light, where Compact UI suits critical task while fancy features suits your pleasure.
IMHO not the least bit similar.
Norm

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I REALLY like what I'm seeing with the LF3XT - a nice clean Novatac meets EX10 meets Jil design - a really flexible UI ... looks outstanding.

The only tweak I see in the UI after reading the instructions is that I'd like to have the simple interface toggle UI option but with a memory on/off option. Right now you only get the toggle function (i.e. min to user, user to max and back) with the simple UI but it does not have memory. In the full UI mode you only have the option of cycling between levels rather than toggling. I really prefer a toggle control (the Novatac/HDS/Ra main distinction) but also prefer to be able to have the light come on in a low low mode when I want to ... mostly at night after the family is in bed. I know I can have it come on in low in the full UI mode but have to sequence to other levels. So either adding a memory on/off as the only option in the simple UI mode, or slotting one of the full UI operation modes (i.e. perhaps the 3 mode program) to be a toggle control rather than a sequential control would make it nearly perfect.

If the size is smaller than my Novatac it might just replace or at least supplement my Novatac as my EDC preferred light. I like having a small and larger EDC option, and currently use a CR2 light in the small slot but would, all other things being equal, rather have batter compatibility with the Novatac (and I have a 17670 tube on the way so the Novatac can move up a notch to a much longer runtime option...).

Here's how you can get it to always come on in low in the CUI.
In the CUI (compact user interface), ramp your user defined mode down to Min and don't touch it. Then the light will always come on in the Min mode, because the user defined mode retains the setting until you change it. If you want another temporary light level, merely switch to shortcut low or shortcut high and ramp the light to the level you want. Unlike the user defined mode, the Shortcut High and Low modes do not retain any ramped settings. INMO, you have the best of both worlds in the CUI without any need to toggle a memory function.

In the FUI (Full User Interface), you have the option of up to 5 light levels. It would require a complex set of commands to have toggles for each of the operational modes with that many light levels.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is supposed to be a 2AA battery tube accessory for the LF3XT. I don't expect that the light will be released as a separate version.

There is no word of it on the LiteFlux webside. Perhaps if you email the U.S. distributer, EliteLED.COM, he may have more information or be able to find out on the expected delivery date of this accessory item.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm definitely gonna snatch one of those 2aa's if they come out...sounds sweet!

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys I found this searching around I'm not sure if this is the finished 2 AA tube for the LF3XT,but I thought I'd share!

20090423_03d3d92b32b1150cfaa47RiHh7.jpg

20090423_18a13da7ad58d5f486d2hIjxxv.jpg

20090423_1c043dc3070c49ec4a98DZJunS.jpg

Latest posts