New Fenix Headband -- 440 lumens on your head!

lebox97

Enlightened
half way down the page they have a pic that looks like there are two lights on the headband (and no storage case for spare cells)?

doesn't seem to be very clear - light holder on one side and spare cells holder on other VS a light holder on each side with no spare cells?

we'll see what 7777's has to say and how much $.
:grin2:

EDIT: text at bottom of page does say "two flashlights holding on the mounts attached"

Well, that was my guess but I only saw ONE holder?

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do see this as something that would be useful in a limited number of situations, but not as many as a regular headlamp. Looks like the "adjusts to any angle" feature would either be locked in one position and harder to adjust on the fly then a regular headlamp, or would change position when you are in motion and hit a bump in the road.

Would love to see an actual headlamp from them.

NigelBond

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a good idea. Problem with LED headlamps are they usually aren't all that bright. Most are driven on 3 AAA or AA and have plastic bodies that aren't well heatsinked so they arnt driven very hard. This would be versatile and bright with no need to use a seperate type of battery.

NigelBond

Newly Enlightened
I have a headlamp but I only use it when nobody will see me. It does feel rather goofy to be seen with one.

mdocod

Flashaholic
hmmm...

I've always questioned setups with the light being projected from the side of the head, I would think that on a shorter body light, the positioning would wind up being such that you would be blinded by spill light projecting onto a pair of glasses, and reflecting back.

streetmaster

Enlightened
I have a headlamp but I only use it when nobody will see me. It does feel rather goofy to be seen with one.
I too feel a little dorky when wearing a headlamp. But I find them very useful, and would love to see one from Fenix. The one I currently have is fairly bright, but the beam is too tightly focused for close-up work.

hmmm...

I've always questioned setups with the light being projected from the side of the head, I would think that on a shorter body light, the positioning would wind up being such that you would be blinded by spill light projecting onto a pair of glasses, and reflecting back.
I agree with you on that.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
hmmm...
+2
It happens and it sucks!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
At qualityflashlights.at ist costs 19.90 €, but you'll get it for 12.95 € if you buy a flashlight with it. So, everybody here would get it cheaper! :whistle:

I'm not very happy with carrying lamps on my head too. Though I don't care about anybody seeing me, I fear that when I see him or her, he or she wouldn't see anything at all for the next few seconds! Those things are great if you walk alone, if not, the risk of blinding somebody else is quite high.

What's more, you'd need lights that don't whine, as they come very close to your ears, which means no L1D Q5 and no L2D Q5 for me and the L2D is actually my outdoor activities light. Last but not least, we currently have temperatures at about 0 degrees celsius or lower here and it seems difficult to wear the headband correctly together with a bonnet (but not impossible).

Spare batteries on the head? Well, some people wear beercans on their head! :crackup:

My conclusion : Great idea for the one who walks alone, doesn't wear glasses and wants to have both hands free.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it does not have the same type of flashlight holder they use on the Fenix bike light holder. The bike light holder looks like it, with the orange plastic instead of a metal screw. The bike flashlight holder was pretty weak, unless I only put a one cell light in it.

It looks heavy duty, but it does not look like it is designed to be attached to a helmet or hardhat.

I have not seen one of these headbands myself, so maybe it is a good product. In most cases, I am a big Fenix fan. I'll wait for a review.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if it could be modded to hold 2X Pelican 8060's.....
icon10.gif