Ra Clicky Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
All,

This thread is to discuss the technical aspects of the Ra Clicky. That includes such topics as the user interface, beam pattern, differences between models, runtime, features, survivability and such. Please stay on topic.

Henry.

luxlover

Banned
Good, I am happy that you started this new thread, because it should come from you, the manufacturer. I started a thread 30 minutes after you started this, and requested that a moderator CLOSE it.

Let's keep the party going! :party:

Jeff

herrgurka

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I ordered a Clicky 140 -Cn from Flashaholics in UK yesterday, sort of a Christmas gift to myself (since my significant other usually ignores all my remarks and little signs about suitable Christmas gifts, at least if these remarks involve electronic devices :rolleyes:). It wasn't easy to choose between the C and the Cn since I couldn't find too much information about the actual difference in beam pattern between the two models. When the models became available at Flashaholics homepage I had to make up my mind and chose the Cn since I already have a Nitecore Extreme with a GD LED and I am very satisfied with its beam pattern and colour.

Now, all I have to do is wait for the postman........

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
Ahh man.. Can't hardly wait for mine... I was told by Batterystation that they expect to ship my 140Cn later this week.. So that's good news for all of us who ordered through them; we might just get our Clickies before the Christmas rush of mail!

Also, could the Cn owners do a runtime test at 100lm with a CR123 and RCR123 (just down to the double blink)? So far we only have C/GT runtimes at that level. While some of you others could do a runtime at the stock Primary level of 12lm? I ask because I'm compiling an average runtime for use in my Info Repository.

Last edited:

zenas

Newly Enlightened
We haven't seen comparison beamshots between the 140Cn and 140C, have we?
I've chosen a 140Cgt, because I prefer tints on the warm site and I like a floody beam, too. (my little "thrower" at home is a Jet III Pro IBS)

All the difference between the 140C and 140Cn models seem to be the LED (and no changes for the reflector), am I right? What really interests me is whether the Seoul LEDs (140C / Cgt models) are not capable to perform as a 170 model? I'm thinking about it, because Henry only offers the 170Cn models (and no 170C or 170Cgt) in his contest.
Can someone answer this question: Is the Osram (it's an Osram in the 170Cn models, isn't it?) more efficient than the Seoul LED?

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
After all the anticipation and hype (by us, not Henry) I knew it would be difficult for the 140-Cgt to meet my expectations, and it did not -- it far surpassed my wildest dreams! I am not kidding here. It has the most gorgeous color temp. I've ever seen in an LED. Compared to my Twisties, it almost looks like an incan (though in reality it is much whiter). And the beam pattern is flawless. It has a beautiful, artifact-free, symetric hotspot that gradually transitions to a wonderfully wide and bright spill.

The light tailstands with no issues. The craftsmanship is supurb as expected. Finish is typical of other Ra lights -- not perfect, but OK. But, hey, did I tell you about the beam?!

Thank you, Henry.

Zenster

Enlightened
And the beam pattern is flawless. It has a beautiful, artifact-free, symetric hotspot that gradually transitions to a wonderfully wide and bright spill.

The light tailstands with no issues. The craftsmanship is supurb as expected. Finish is typical of other Ra lights -- not perfect, but OK. But, hey, did I tell you about the beam?!

Thank you, Henry.

That's what impressed me with my 140-CGT as well. The beam is absolutely beautiful with, as you say, a very gradually transitioning hotspot to spill and offering a very wide and really bright spill.
And of course, being the "GT" model, the color is exactly what I wanted it to be.
I don't think I need a CN or N. The CGT does it just right, even at a distance.

It's all about the beam. :thumbsup:

Saranic

Newly Enlightened
I guess I'll just wait and see if more ways of getting a 170 pop up.:cool: my pair of twisty work well for there jobs

youreacrab

Enlightened
got my 140C two weeks ago and ordered my 140CN today! the C has a beautiful beam, and looking forward to comparing to the CN. one of these babies is going to get a 2AA tube.

anyone else looking forward to the 2AA tube? any pictures/news available?

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
Enzo Morocioli,

I think you will find that the Cgt and Cn models are roughly equivalent on average and both are currently producing somewhat longer average runtimes than the C model. But that is based on the units manufactured so far and can change at any time. The unit-to-unit variation in individual LED efficiencies is large and so there is a large amount of scatter in the data.

Zenas,

Asking if one vendor makes more efficient LEDs than the next vendor may not be the best question. A more important question is which vendors can provide really good quality LEDs in production quantities? All of the major vendors can achieve very high efficiency under some set of conditions in the lab. However, being able to mass-produce those same LEDs is almost as much an art as it is a science.

The reason we have been able to produce the higher output Cn model and not the C model comes down to access to LEDs. I have no doubt that the other manufacturers produce the needed efficiency of LEDs but we have not been able to purchase them yet. As with any other rare commodity, it all comes down to who you know and what favors you can pull.

Henry.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
140-Cgt to meet my expectations, and it did not -- it far surpassed my wildest dreams! I am not kidding here. It has the most gorgeous color temp. I've ever seen in an LED. Compared to my Twisties, it almost looks like an incan (though in reality it is much whiter).

By its self, isnt the GT pure white, and not warm?

I remember my 'ol U60XRGT being neither warm or cool, but pure snow white. I am buying a Cn model, but like warm tints better.

Does anyone have both yet? I thought I read the Cn Clickies are warmer then the Twisties with the GD...

luxlover

Banned
New thread, new runtime test.....

In this post..... https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2737070&postcount=108 I completed a runtime test on my 140C, using a somewhat dated SF123A cell, which yielded 85 mins. SaturnNyne completed a runtime test on his 140C, using a USA made Battery Station CR123 cell, which yielded 105 minutes. In addition, he and I ran runtime tests on our lights, Using an AW protected CR123 cell, his yielded 71 minutes and mine yielded 67 minutes.

Does anybody see something wrong with the above scenario? If not, I do. Our R123 cell runtimes are almost the same, but our CR123 cells are 20 minutes apart. This leads me to believe that my SF123A cell was not tippy top in capacity. So, tomorrow evening I will be doing a second SF123A runtime, with a cell that has the most distant expiration date as printed on the side of the cell.

Stay tuned for my post tomorrow evening, right after the test.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts