Will Tiablo A9 Aspheric Head Fit Any Currrent Model?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there anything on DX or elsewhere that would accept the Aspheric Head for the Tiableo A9?

What's the cheapest way to get an aspheric thrower in some size larger than the 6P clones?

Preferable without bezel or tail crenelation (what is it with that crap?).

moviles

Enlightened
SKU 15739 and others with the same body fit almost perfectly

241jsjb.jpg

other cheap and small option are the 4$ kaidomain 42mm lens.

without the border this lens fit with the mte sf-15 mte sf-22.....

w1tus3.jpg

23m1u2f.jpg
eu4z5y.jpg

mte sf-22 ,44000 lux@1m with 42mm lens and XR-E Q5 ez900
2kj0xk.jpg

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast

241jsjb.jpg

other cheap and small option are the 4$ kaidomain 42mm lens.

without the border this lens fit with the mte sf-15 mte sf-22.....

w1tus3.jpg

23m1u2f.jpg
eu4z5y.jpg

mte sf-22 ,44000 lux@1m with 42mm lens and XR-E Q5 ez900
2kj0xk.jpg

Interesting lights. So, none of them came with a XR-E right...you changed the emitters in all of them?

Regarding your comment about without the border the 44mm KD aspheric worked...does that mean you needed to grind the border off to make it useful?

Thanks for the info and pics...I just wanted to clarify those points.

moviles

Enlightened
yea I changed the emitter of the tiablo collimator host

the sku.10637 have the same host , the head its glued

now my tiablo collimator are working with one ssr-90
1zfk8lc.jpg

video with cheap camera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BFoSACR3oA

I have changed too the led of the other flashlights with kaidoman lens

but you can find too flashlights with these host and XR-E like the SKU 10853 and others

you need to grind the border of the 42mm lens with this flashlights

I have done that in 3 minutes with bad tools :
2wmzyx3.jpg

Tally-ho

Banned

241jsjb.jpg

I ordered sku.15739 last month, mine has the head glued to the body, beware before ordering this one that due to DX lottery, maybe you will not be able to do the same.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind... so if I bought Dx sku 10853 UltraFire C2 Cree Q5 5-Mode LED Flashlight
and got the 42 mm aspheric from DX I would simply remove the reflector, replace the front glass lens with the 42 mm aspheric and is the emitter in focus at that point?

How much further would this through than my P60 host with 28 mm aspheric using a XR-E R2?

The outer dimension of the UltraFire C2 is shown to be 40.8 mm so I would grind the 42 mm down to about 38mm?

Edit: More questions for you :)

What do you think about UniqueFire HS-802 with the XR-E R2? It measures about 50 mm from the pictures on DX. They sell a 50 mm aspheric. If you could grind the lip on that down to whatever the internal dimension is this seems like the best choice.

I don't know what the reflector/pill situation is. Whether it's glued together, a dropin or fixed.

I'm surprised someone hasn't done this mod and posted the results. This would be massive throw I would think.

Last edited:

Tally-ho

Banned
What do you think about UniqueFire HS-802 with the XR-E R2? It measures about 50 mm from the pictures on DX. They sell a 50 mm aspheric. If you could grind the lip on that down to whatever the internal dimension is this seems like the best choice.

I'm surprised someone hasn't done this mod and posted the results. This would be massive throw I would think.

I have this one too (2 modes :)sick2:)) and thought yesterday to try an aspheric after reading this thread but the reflector lenght is about 57 mm, so the big question is to know the focal lenght of the aspheric.
Internal diameter of the front head (threads for the bezel) is about 46 mm. Internal diameter of the bezel is 40 mm so it leaves 3 mm for the border of the aspheric lens.

How much is the external diameter of the dome of the kaidomain aspheric (42.86*14.3mm Lens SKU: S008248) ?

633815781762292500med.jpg

Head of the HS-802 is glued to the body.
No dropin but a pill screwed to the bottom of the head. Quite hard to unscrewed from the top of the head. Once I unscrewed it I made 2 notches to screw/unscrew it more easily next time.
There is a plastic washer (reflector seats on it) glued to the front of the pill, I failed to remove it so I can't modify the emitter but I will keep it for now because as it is, this flashlight is already a massive thrower.
The hotspot is very tight and bright with a usable spill.

I tried the suggested above tools last week but I failed to unscrew the head from the body on both Aurora AK-P7 and Ultrafire HS-802.

Last edited:

moviles

Enlightened
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind... so if I bought Dx sku 10853 UltraFire C2 Cree Q5 5-Mode LED Flashlight
and got the 42 mm aspheric from DX I would simply remove the reflector, replace the front glass lens with the 42 mm aspheric and is the emitter in focus at that point?

dont buy the 44 mm dx lens!!!! small focal length but dont fit and never perfect focus:thumbsdow
you must buy the 42mm lens from kai, perfect focus and perfect focal length with c2 host

How much further would this through than my P60 host with 28 mm aspheric using a XR-E R2?
I have too de 28mm dx lens the 42 mm kai lens are much better
(28mm around 22000 lux 42mm 44000 lux)

The outer dimension of the UltraFire C2 is shown to be 40.8 mm so I would grind the 42 mm down to about 38mm?

you must grind all the border

Edit: More questions for you :)

the HS-802 have 49.26mm diameter and the 50mm dx lens without the border have 46mm....maybe will fit but im not sure
1q2y53.jpg

(I have recived today the 50mm dx lens and the 66mm dx lens)

I don't know what the reflector/pill situation is. Whether it's glued together, a dropin or fixed.

yea we must find some good host with 50-52 mm head for this mods

I have the 23,28,44,50,and 66mm lens from dx and the 42mm lens from kai I will make a review of all the lens the next week

moviles

Enlightened
How much is the external diameter of the dome of the kaidomain aspheric (42.86*14.3mm Lens SKU: S008248) ?

sorry I do not have those lenses here today.

tomorrow will measure and post the exact diameter without the border

Edit:the exact diameter without the border are 37.3mm

Last edited:

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this one too (2 modes :)sick2:)) and thought yesterday to try an aspheric after reading this thread but the reflector lenght is about 57 mm, so the big question is to know the focal lenght of the aspheric.
Internal diameter of the front head (threads for the bezel) is about 46 mm. Internal diameter of the bezel is 40 mm so it leaves 3 mm for the border of the aspheric lens.

Head of the HS-802 is glued to the body.
No dropin but a pill screwed to the bottom of the head. Quite hard to unscrewed from the top of the head. Once I unscrewed it I made 2 notches to screw/unscrew it more easily next time.
There is a plastic washer (reflector seats on it) glued to the front of the pill, I failed to remove it so I can't modify the emitter but I will keep it for now because as it is, this flashlight is already a massive thrower.
The hotspot is very tight and bright with a usable spill.

I tried the suggested above tools last week but I failed to unscrew the head from the body on both Aurora AK-P7 and Ultrafire HS-802.

Regarding getting things apart...I guess it depends on the glue but I've found it helps to hold a light in boiling water for a minute and then try whatever you were going to try anyway.

It it's Loctite holding things together this will loosen it. With glue it's still got to help I would think.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way Moviles, what is the easiest way to grind the glass lenses with just basic tools?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just put in an order with KD for the 42 and 49 mm aspherics and with DX for the 50 mm aspheric.

I also ordered the Uniquefire HS-802 to play around with. Maybe I can find a way to use the 50 mm (with a little grinding) and can try to recess it to where it will focus.

I also ordered an Aurora that has a head OD of 41 mm and uses a XR-E R2 so I can try using the 42 mm aspheric (ground down) with that.

I'd just like to end up with 30mm, 40mm and 50mm XR-E R2 aspheric throwers. I already have the 30mm.