• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak beamshots/ awsome pics

whateatsrabbits

Newly Enlightened
I got bored and took some pictures. I just got a narrow hi cri ss logan with clip and momentary. Got it for a really good deal too, over on the market place. Last week my pocket logan with 219 mule head came in from oveready. This is a master piece right here. This is my first mule and it is awesome. How you can move the light around tilting it and shacking it and what ever your lighting looks the same, hell half the room looks the same. I'm not a big fan of cool and neutral lights but I can live with the very pleasing pure white light the niacha puts out.
SO lets get on to the pics.
IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

Ok beam shots are taken about 3 feet away from a dirty white wall, Exposure daylight and iso 1600. Label above photo.
controll 60w lightbulb.
IMG_0681.jpg

Old brass peak 7-LED McKinley with old-style bezel. Dim and blue as am Ice cave.
IMG_0680.jpg

This in my neutral DQG TI aaa on hi
IMG_0677.jpg

HDS 170 GDP burst 4.2V
IMG_0674.jpg

neutral narrow elcap black HA on freshish alkaline
IMG_0675.jpg

Hi cri elcap medium lithium primary
IMG_0676.jpg

logan hi cri narrow 4.2 V
IMG_0673.jpg

And last but not least the smallest, the newest, logan niacha 219 mule.4.2v
IMG_0672.jpg

Thanks for viewing, I encourage you to post photos of your peak lights.:wave:

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Excellent, thanks for posting these ....

By the way, that looks like a classic vintage 7-LED McKinley with old-style bezel :)

Last edited:

whateatsrabbits

Newly Enlightened
Excellent, thanks for posting these ....

By the way, that looks like a classic vintage 7-LED McKinley with old-style bezel :)

Thanks I edited it. I was always wondering what it was. What years were they made? I picked it up for 40 bucks on another forum. It has the smoothest threads I have ever felt. It stinks like pennies. But the cool part is it has the same threads as a logan, So its like a 2AA logan body to me. Are there any other peaks with this thread pitch? I would get a pyrenness or rainer head if they fit.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The design goal on the new heads was simple - the smoothest most even beam possible. Not only no artifacts, but no brightness variation from side to middle to side.

Only now you see artifacts in the wall itself!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks I edited it. I was always wondering what it was. What years were they made? I picked it up for 40 bucks on another forum. It has the smoothest threads I have ever felt. It stinks like pennies. But the cool part is it has the same threads as a logan, So its like a 2AA logan body to me. Are there any other peaks with this thread pitch? I would get a pyrenness or rainer head if they fit.

Yes, should also fit Rainier / Pamir / Atlantic (IIRC) .... not Pyrenees.

This may be the thread you want to check -

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/328840

Last edited: