Run-Time Plot - TerraLUX AAA MicroStart1

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This runtime plot is for a TerraLUX MicroStart1 LED Replacement module in a 2xAAA MiniMag. Two plots were done, one using AAA Ultra Alkaline batteries and the other using Energizer L92 Lithium batteries.

Equipment used is a Extech Mdl 401021 Light adapter into a Radio Shack 22-805 DMM with a PC interface that is using Scopeview software (V 1.08).

The vertical axis is in mVDC and is equivalent to 1Fc@1Ft per mVDC. The horizontal axis is 30 minutes per division.

Be aware that your actual battery milage may vary from that indicated by this
runtime plot.

The runtime to 50% max brightness using 2xAAA Alkaline Batteries = 5h 1m
tle-10a.jpg

The runtime ot 50% max brightness using 2xAAA Lithium batteries = 5h 34m
tle-10l.jpg

Roy

Here's the pill! There is nothing on the back side except potting compound.

tle-10 pill.jpg

Note that there is NO lens over the LED!!!

greenLED

Flashaholic
Their site mentions a reflector, could you please post a pic? Or maybe the reviews forum is a better place... bad greenLED, bad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, this thing WILL work on 1XAAA cell. Less than half in output, but works none-the-less. Can anybody tell me how to get the reflector out of a Mag Solitaire without destroying it? The MicroStart fits in a Solitaire, but the bezel won't go back on until the reflector gets modified. This thing would probably easily be adapted to work on a Brinkmann Legend 1XAAA light.

Roy...how's the color on yours? Mine's got a nice bluish-white hotspot, but the corona immediately outside of the hotspot is MISERABLY yellowish-green. In candle mode, there's no yellowish-green apparent at all, but the light's reflector REALLY picks it up! If yours doesn't have this color, then I'm gonna assume mine is not typical and send it back for a replacement. I think it does a nice job of breathing life into the 2XAAA MiniMag!

PJD

Roy

I tried to capture that yellow with my camera, but was not able to get it. Your description sounds just like mine.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PJD said:
FYI, this thing WILL work on 1XAAA cell. Less than half in output, but works none-the-less. Can anybody tell me how to get the reflector out of a Mag Solitaire without destroying it? The MicroStart fits in a Solitaire, but the bezel won't go back on until the reflector gets modified. This thing would probably easily be adapted to work on a Brinkmann Legend 1XAAA light.

Roy...how's the color on yours? Mine's got a nice bluish-white hotspot, but the corona immediately outside of the hotspot is MISERABLY yellowish-green. In candle mode, there's no yellowish-green apparent at all, but the light's reflector REALLY picks it up! If yours doesn't have this color, then I'm gonna assume mine is not typical and send it back for a replacement. I think it does a nice job of breathing life into the 2XAAA MiniMag!

PJD

[/ QUOTE ]

How less bright is it? is it les or more then say a photon freedom, or ARCAAA?
I really want it to be brighter then the stock soli, and
the button light's. that would make it worth my $$.
But if not I don't want to bother with it.
I jusr want something to surpass my modded soli' easy mod's and get better runtime, and brightness. (and not have to monkey with that little MN2/23 batt.

Tell me what you think. VDG

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
vdg...on a fresh AAA cell, the output seems to be a little less than half of it's 2 cell output. I haven't modded a Solitaire reflector yet to try it, but I can say that I'm sure it's output will be MUCH better than the stock Solitaire bulb.

PJD