Where to buy a black colored 15MCP Thor online?

InfidelCastro

Banned
I want to get a rechargeable spotlight for my car because I go out of town alot at night (pizza delivery and other stuff) and it's very dark and cold out in the country around here.

I've been looking at spotlights at Walmart, Target, Menards, ect.. so far the best thing I can seem to find around town is a 3MCP Brinkman Qbeam for $40.

I've seen the 15MCP Thors (or Cyclops) with the 120W Philips bulb on Ebay for around $40 shipped, but don't really like buying stuff like that on there, because of all the factory seconds stuff that people on there peddle as new.

Is there any good light retailer that has these in stock (preferably black rather than yellow) for a good price and that takes Paypal?

Also, how favorably do they compare to a typical pair of car headlights? My cars headlights will light up signs what seems like miles away on the interstate with the brights on.

Thanks

Last edited:

StuGatz

Enlightened
If I am not mistaken, you may find these at a Costco warehouse store. You may be able to find it at the Costco.com

All the very best fortune with locating one,

Stuart

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a black 10mcp one at advance autoparts. They wanted I think 48 for it. It was deep black, not dark gray like a lot I've seen. It was a beauty...

The 15mcp, or even the 10mcp might be a bit too large to handle inside a car......

InfidelCastro

Banned
Someone pointed out to me that Cabela's has them for $69.99. The 15MCP 130W Platinum version.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...23486.jsp&_requestid=135748&_requestid=143819

i516975sq04a.jpg

I've heard these will run off your car (while charging). Is this true?

metalhed

Enlightened
I have one of these from Costco ($29.99), great deal.

If you look closely at the pictures, you'll see two small switches on one side of the body (these are the low/high switches)...and two small, barrel-type receptacles covered by rubber plugs on the opposite side of the body.

One of the two receptacles is for charging, and takes either the AC-DC wall wart plug, or the 12V car plug. The other receptacle is only for running the light off of a 12V system, and presumably, it just feeds power to the bulb and doesn't charge the internal battery as you are using it.

At least that's what I understand from the instructions.

Hope that helps.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
Also, how favorably do they compare to a typical pair of car headlights? My cars headlights will light up signs what seems like miles away on the interstate with the brights on.

I don't even have the 10M or 15M, but the 3M from Harbor Freight with the slightly smaller reflector. There is no comparison to headlights... these spotlights kill as far as throw... With my bright headlights (98 Contour with Sylvania Silver Stars) on, the 3M will cut a hole right through the headlight beam. Also tried the same thing with my father in law's 2004 Ford Pickup lights on high... No comparison.

Actually, a Mag with a T or U bin emitter will do the same thing but less dramatically. In my experience, headlights just can't keep up with a large dedicated reflector. Now, these spotlights may not be the perfect thing for lighting up a large area without sweeping the light back and forth but I have no doubt that they will throw the small beam much further than any headlights I've ever had.

Latest posts